Please Give Credit

Will,

Please do us all a favor, you and Mark Hurtado need to get back together and create some more of these. They are hilarious. I would gladly pay to get more of them. And I am sure many others would as well. Would the two of you be interested in creating custom audio for my show and how much would you charge for such a thing if you are interested? If you want paid for the originals please let me know where to send payment, as I have no problem paying for what I am using. What ever it takes to get you to make more of these!

BTW, here is a link to Logan's response in case you haven't seen it or been told about it.

Will,

Please do us all a favor, you and Mark Hurtado need to get back together and create some more of these. They are hilarious. I would gladly pay to get more of them. And I am sure many others would as well. Would the two of you be interested in creating custom audio for my show and how much would you charge for such a thing if you are interested? If you want paid for the originals please let me know where to send payment, as I have no problem paying for what I am using. What ever it takes to get you to make more of these!

BTW, here is a link to Logan's response in case you haven't seen it or been told about it.

I second that ... Perhaps create some alternative tracks for those using a bunch of singing light bulbs as well that can be used in between songs. I would definitely pay for those.

Tim

As expected, some don't understand, and that is fine.

Thank you darylc for posting his response, much appreciated. Logan, my request is simple, please attribute and request attribution in the future to Comedian Mark Hurtado for the skit, and all is fine on your download and Youtube videos (read Acceptable Use below). This is a basic request and courtesy when distributing someone else's work (sequencearmory). I have made it very clear that I love that people use it and have no problem with it's continued use.

Keith, its not about recognition or acknowledgment for me. I've contributed plenty, and early on, and made it very clear that I want another individual in the skit to receive credit.

When others state that he has not claimed credit, that probably has some truth to it, however, sequencearmory.com provides a direct link download to the audio as "Logan's Tree Intro" or as it has been changed to "Tree Intro." with the video description still the same while writing this. He submitted them. Multiple Youtube postings thank Logan for the talking trees, etc.

Mike, the audio was recorded in 2010, and thank you.

uncledan, Lots of us have shared sequences and/or audio long before...you imply that I have the "wrong" mindset. Logan gets credit for his sequences and shares them. Great, thats how it should be. Somehow I am wrong for wanting the same? He didn't create or own it. Pretty simple. I am thankful so many enjoy it. I can be thankful and want to set the record straight at the same time. It's possible.

This is it.....

Acceptable Use for Talking Tree Audio
Use the audio skit anytime you want. If you post online in any form using the audio, credit the skit to Comedian Mark Hurtado somewhere in a description.
If you wish to distribute (provide a link or download), please require users to credit Comedian Mark Hurtado somewhere in their media posts.
Under no circumstances can you accept money, be it sales or donations for the download, or distribution of the audio file/s.
You may not use this audio in any for-profit endeavor, or accept donations in part or whole for the audio as for-profit or not.

Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope your displays run smoothly!

It’s great audio, thanks for it. I haven’t used it, and probably won’t now for a while since I imagine it will be quite popular after TikTok.

Can you clarify the use policy? Many of us collect donations for a cause at the show level. Are you saying we can’t use your audio in that case?

I’d say pretty much any show big enough to get your comedian friend any recognition would likely be collecting donations for some cause or another, and your audio would likely be a contributing factor if used.

I call BullSkit.
Logan created a light show sequence, & yes he used this audio, but as you can plainly see It is done with the right intent.
Yes, he should have given credit where due.
But seriously what a Toss.
If you even took time to hit the Donate button you would see that it has nothing to do with the sequencing site, it is for the software that was used.
Yes, I do agree that if the audio is used credit should be given, but seriously pull your head out of your ASS. It's Christmas FFS.

I call BullSkit.
Logan created a light show sequence, & yes he used this audio, but as you can plainly see It is done with the right intent.
Yes, he should have given credit where due.
But seriously what a Toss.
If you even took time to hit the Donate button you would see that it has nothing to do with the sequencing site, it is for the software that was used.
Yes, I do agree that if the audio is used credit should be given, but seriously pull your head out of your ASS. It's Christmas FFS.

Interesting choice for a "first post" on DIYC. :dry:

Does anyone know who Logan Carpenter is? It appears he is talking credit and providing a download.

Sequencearmory is also accepting donations for downloading of my content.

Yeah. I know Logan. He has given many sequences to the community for free. He is an awesome guy and great contributor. I used his Star Wars sequence in my show along with aobut 500 other people.
Logan also created the first xLights Around The World sequence that was shared with 70+ decorators to create an awesome video. I must see.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQ8FrASIq0

Last edited:
Years ago I gave three people permission to use my "Talking Tree" audio skit. Now I see it on GMA and Tik Tok. So many shows are using it and that's fine. But most use it without even asking for permission and without the decency to give credit. I don't need the credit, but you know the other guy in that skit is a struggling stand-up comedian and could really benefit from some credit lobed his way. Strahan loved it and maybe he could have talked to him. Even though I wrote it, I want him to get something from it at least. His name is Mark Hurtado.

So when you use someone else's content, giving credit is the least you can do, please.

Also, if you are aware of a business or for-profit entity using this "Arguing Trees" audio, please PM me, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you are just an individual hobbiest, you have my permission, but read the very simple Acceptable Use on the second page.

Thank you all and I hope your displays are great this year!

-Will

https://vimeo.com/33051357
In today's world, it is necessary to protect the copyright of everything you have created.There are many examples of young, little-known people inventing different pictures, sounds, etc., and famous people stealing, passing it off as their own invention. I own a large bandage factory. And I have never borrowed from smaller competitors their pictures, slogans, etc. Not so long ago I received a government order for a large sum, and I wanted to ask forum users whether there is government invoice factoring. I hope there are people who know about these issues.

Last edited:
Hi Kwdelre,

So this year I d/l the three skits and used them for my 10 year anniversary for doing lights. All this time I had said that some guy named Logan created the skit. I set out to thank him on FB or messenger only to learn it was you along side Mark Hurtado who created this. While a little late, I do ask and hope I receive your permission to use and I will give credit where do (after I post this, I will look up Mark). I still would like to thank both you and Mark for a fabulous skit!

I see the good people are feeling compelled to keep quiet even they're being treated unfairly, because it's supposed to be Christmas spirit, etc.. It is only when the not-as-good people just keep pushing it more and more until the good people are backed into a corner when they're finally forced to say something. Everyone knows it is extremely uncool to reach into the Salvation Army donation box and take money out, but not everyone realizes it is not cool to reach into the Intellectual Property donation box, either.

Will, what is your last name so I can credit you for the writing of these skits? We used the talking tree sequences for 2022 and I'm working on getting the credits right!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back