Portion of my display preview is not visible

TeaCup

Why does the rightmost 20% of my display just not draw? I have a pixel grid over there and can select it - I just can't see it...?

Vixen Preview cutoff.jpg

Yes it's there.

I actually enlarged the pixel grid from 10x20 to 20x30 this year and need to change that (my next question will be what is the best way to enlarge that in Vixen)

Vixen Preview cutoff 2.jpg

What version of Vixen do you have loaded?

Latest and greatest ... 3.9.4

It almost looks like the preview editor window is locked to a specific height and width, and cuts off everything from being displayed outside of that height and width, but only in that window, as it still appears when I play shows. I can drag stuff back in to this "frame" though... and then drag it back out (where is disappears in that preview config window).

I tried everything.

So I have reached out to the Vixen leads on this issue. For the time being, have you tried changing the zoom at the bottom of the Setup Preview window? When I set it to like 135% everything seems to show up. Hopefully we can get you a better answer soon.

Thanks for looking in to it.
Sadly, when I move that slider, the stops only give me 134% and 136% - can't get 135% - no zoom level shows the elements that are missing

Another workaround might be to select an image for your preview background. Depending on the size of the image this will enlarge the preview drawing area. You could then just use the slider on the toolbar to effectively hide the background image. Please make a backup copy of your profile before experimenting.

This did the trick - I used an image editor to make a really wide background image and that forced the items to appear. Thanks!

I used Vixen to make the background bigger. This created a 2000x1105 blank jpg. I exited out of Vixen so that it would not save the changes. Then swapped that jpg into your profile and then it opened up correctly. Vixen obviously still has an issue in this area but if you want the couple files I updated let me know.

Back