Prayer request...the front lines

Santacarl

I'm asking for your prayers for my daughter, Karen. She is an internal medicine doctor and has been living at the hospital to care for her patients during this virus crisis. Today we got word that she is being transferred to cover the hospice that cares for all the virus positive patients. She is being transferred because a significant number of the doctors working there also came down with the virus. So she is walking in to an area of high probability for infection.

She has already had to move out of her home to not risk bringing the virus from her work at the hospital into her home and now this insertion into a petrie dish of the virus.

As you can imagine....we are very concerned for her safety. As a dad I want to fix it.... The only way I know to do that is ask for prayer for her at this time because I can't do a thing to help her. Faith and prayer is where I must place my trust.

I would appreciate it if you would lift her up in your prayers...If your church has a prayer list please add her to it. I don't want to list her last name or the hospital so.....Karen, daughter of Carl.....should do the job...

Thank you....

What a Great Thing for a Daddy who Loves his Daughter to do.
Praying for your Daughter and for your Family.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Hi, I’m not sure if this will help. It was written by a UK poet as a tribute to all the staff working in the health service, his wife is a nurse but I think is relevant the world over. I’ll add Karen to the people I think of each day going beyond what would be normally expected, not only to preserve the world we have but to make it a better one and hope that they all return to enjoy the results of their commitment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...ute-to-the-nhs

I’ll tell you a tail that’s been recently written
Of a powerful army so great it saved Britain
They didn’t have bombs and they didn’t have planes
They fought with their hearts and they fought with their brains
They didn’t have bullets armed just with a mask
We sent them to war with one simple task
To show us the way to lead and inspire us
To protect us from harm and to fight off the virus
It couldn’t be stopped by our bullet proof vests
An invisible enemy invaded our chests
So we called on our weapon our solders in blue
All doctors all nurses your country needs you
We clapped on our streets hearts bursting with pride
While they set off to war while we stayed inside
They struggled at first as they searched for supplies
But they stared down the virus in the whites of its eyes
They leapt from the trenches and didn’t think twice
Some never came back the ultimate price
So tired so weary yet they still fought on
As the virus was beaten and the battle was won
The many of us owe so much too so few
The brave and the bold our heroes in blue
So let’s line the streets and remember our debt
We love you our heroes lest we forget

Matthew Kelly – March 2020.

I'm asking for your prayers for my daughter, Karen. She is an internal medicine doctor and has been living at the hospital to care for her patients during this virus crisis. Today we got word that she is being transferred to cover the hospice that cares for all the virus positive patients. She is being transferred because a significant number of the doctors working there also came down with the virus. So she is walking in to an area of high probability for infection.

She has already had to move out of her home to not risk bringing the virus from her work at the hospital into her home and now this insertion into a petrie dish of the virus.

As you can imagine....we are very concerned for her safety. As a dad I want to fix it.... The only way I know to do that is ask for prayer for her at this time because I can't do a thing to help her. Faith and prayer is where I must place my trust.

I would appreciate it if you would lift her up in your prayers...If your church has a prayer list please add her to it. I don't want to list her last name or the hospital so.....Karen, daughter of Carl.....should do the job...

Thank you....

Said it twice ! Do you mind if I share and have others do the same ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I’m not sure if this will help. It was written by a UK poet as a tribute to all the staff working in the health service, his wife is a nurse but I think is relevant the world over. I’ll add Karen to the people I think of each day going beyond what would be normally expected, not only to preserve the world we have but to make it a better one and hope that they all return to enjoy the results of their commitment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...ute-to-the-nhs

I’ll tell you a tail that’s been recently written
Of a powerful army so great it saved Britain
They didn’t have bombs and they didn’t have planes
They fought with their hearts and they fought with their brains
They didn’t have bullets armed just with a mask
We sent them to war with one simple task
To show us the way to lead and inspire us
To protect us from harm and to fight off the virus
It couldn’t be stopped by our bullet proof vests
An invisible enemy invaded our chests
So we called on our weapon our solders in blue
All doctors all nurses your country needs you
We clapped on our streets hearts bursting with pride
While they set off to war while we stayed inside
They struggled at first as they searched for supplies
But they stared down the virus in the whites of its eyes
They leapt from the trenches and didn’t think twice
Some never came back the ultimate price
So tired so weary yet they still fought on
As the virus was beaten and the battle was won
The many of us owe so much too so few
The brave and the bold our heroes in blue
So let’s line the streets and remember our debt
We love you our heroes lest we forget

Matthew Kelly – March 2020.

Barnaby.....Thank you for posting that. Thanks for adding Karen to your list. I am deeply moved by your compassion for someone you've never met.... She's fighting the good fight and standing tall on the front lines....Knowing that complete strangers are doing their part to back her means more than you'll probably ever know. The poem is spot on...I shall pass it on and as for myself I will treasure it and no doubt read it often in the trying days ahead.

I don't care if it is dodging bullets, or an unseen virus. The best of the best always step up.
She and all the others that are putting themselves into harms way to bring this confrontation to an end are always on our minds.
She has our admiration. Our best wishes. And we will be there to back up her and the others' efforts with everything and anything we can do for them.

She will always be in our prayers. As so will you and yours.

I don't care if it is dodging bullets, or an unseen virus. The best of the best always step up.
She and all the others that are putting themselves into harms way to bring this confrontation to an end are always on our minds.
She has our admiration. Our best wishes. And we will be there to back up her and the others' efforts with everything and anything we can do for them.

She will always be in our prayers. As so will you and yours.

Thank you for your touching thoughts.....It is much appreciated. Knowing that she's in the prayers of people from so many different areas brings great comfort....

UPDATE....

A quick update on my daughter Karen.

She is out of quarantine following her 2 week stent in the hospice facility. She did NOT get sick. Thank God.

Just wanted to pass along our thanks for all the prayers for her. We know that all the prayer she received resulted in her being protected from the virus. Knowing that people, who do not even know her, were praying for her was a tremendous comfort during this time.

Thought all who kept her in your prayers might want to know since you were concerned enough to life her up in your prayers.

THANK YOU.....

Carl

Back