Projection/Animated Singing Jack Frost

Two of the songs during our Christmas display, "Frosty" is inflated and he sings them. The kids love it when he pops up and sings. This works out well when using Falcon Players and projectors. There is no music to the link below but it shows him coming to life and singing. I am no drone expert when it comes to flying and recording. We do something similar for Halloween with pumpkins and an inflatable Jack Skellington.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/10SZ2kIHBpoSEMMdh9bDyIxrpld2qaNwWatTHsXkuVL

Jwamsley07 Your display looks awesome. That’s a great idea for the snowmen. Any hints on getting them to inflate consistently?

I use an arduino and relays to inflate them. They are mapped into vixen, so we control when they inflate. There is a 20 second informational sequence before the two songs he sings to get the snowmen fully inflated before the projector kicks on to make him appear to be singing. I've only had a couple times where they didn't inflate properly. Usually heavy wind causing them to tangle up a bit.

Nice job. Thanks for the info.

I was just going to use one of my SSRs mapped in Vixen to turn on the blower. Of course need to make sure it is set to 100%. And us DMX to control my projector.

Back