Question About DirkCheaps SSR (and SSR in General)

etuggle

I'm very new to lighting and have a couple basic questions. First a little background.

I just purchased a PixLite16 controller from holidaycoro and a few strands of RGB lights. Additionally, I have my old style icicle and LED lights hanging on the house. I'd like to be able to turn off the old style icicle and LED lights when the RGB show starts and then turn them back on once the show is done.

I think I need an SSR to do this. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I was wondering if I build a couple of these DirkCheap SSR units would they work with my Pixlite 16? If that wouldn't work, is there some other way I can control my old school lights using the PixLite16 controller?

Thanks for any help!

Eddie

Welcome to DIYC! I don't know anything about PixLite but SSRs (Dirks or other AC ones) need a controller up stream to run them. They have 4 connection points to plug in your AC lights and one AC input and one controller input. The controllers that I know about and used lots here are Renards. Ren 64, Ren32, Ren 32Plus, Ren24LV, etc.

The advice given so far is accurate, However, once you hae your incan and other AC strings connected to an SSR, there is no reason they cannot be part of the show. I have a mix of pixels and strings in my show and it works very nicely.

Back