question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

bcer960

Just playing around, although about to start a serious sequence, but I have put the alternating effect in a test sequence in a couple places. (see attached pic) At my bulbs and spare window, it looks correct (although I have changed the color at the window). However, at the door and living room window the graphic in the sequencer has changed. I am wondering why, and if it effects the outcome at the pixel level.

Thanks
Ray

Compare the settings on them. My guess would be that the grouping structure of the elements is different and / or the group count setting is different on the effect settings. The rendering is drawing what all the individual parts under the group are doing and compacting that into the effect bar. Sometimes it may not all fit on large props and is more of an approximation. So I would say what you are seeing is likely ok assuming the effect is doing what you want when you preview it.

thank you for that explanation. That does make sense. The animation is working correctly, and there are different groups involved.

Just playing around, although about to start a serious sequence, but I have put the alternating effect in a test sequence in a couple places. (see attached pic) At my bulbs and spare window, it looks correct (although I have changed the color at the window). However, at the door and living room window the graphic in the sequencer has changed. I am wondering why, and if it effects the outcome at the pixel level.

Thanks
Ray

Out of curiosity, are the bulbs setup as pixels? or vice versa?

XmasinVancouver, PM sent.

The bulbs are singing christmas bulbs and are pixels. I definitely started out too big, but really like them. I have yet to sequence them. They are all built, 194 pixels in each bulb. I may or may not have them singing this year, but they will be on as part of the show.

XmasinVancouver, PM sent.

The bulbs are singing christmas bulbs and are pixels. I definitely started out too big, but really like them. I have yet to sequence them. They are all built, 194 pixels in each bulb. I may or may not have them singing this year, but they will be on as part of the show.

I assume you mean something like this or along those lines?

yes. was going to post a pic of mine but

for some reason I can't upload pics that past few days, keep getting a error message that "upload of file failed"

Back