Rasp Pi 3b+ upgrade to Pie 4 question

It looks like I have to replace my Rasp Pi 3 B+ with a Rasp Pi 4.
My question is can I just take the SD card from my old pie and insert it in the Pi4 and will it just work? Or do I need to reinstall FPP?

Some folks have moved the card and had success. That being said, I'd would do a rebuild just because it is easy and simple to do.

BTW, why "have to"? Last time I looked the 3 B+ was available and did pretty much what you want a player to do with lower heat output (which I assume is important in NZ).

Some folks have moved the card and had success. That being said, I'd would do a rebuild just because it is easy and simple to do.

BTW, why "have to"? Last time I looked the 3 B+ was available and did pretty much what you want a player to do with lower heat output (which I assume is important in NZ).

Mine is faulty. I'm getting the lower power error and videos freeze when playing on my VM. I'm using the official power supply.
At the moment it's cheaper to get a 4 than a 3b and the 4 is available.

UpdateI managed to stop the videos from freezing. I re-rendered them in DaVinci as 1280x720 and then optimized them in Handbrake to take them from hundreds of MB to under 20Mb each and now the pie plays them no problem.So if anyone else has this problem, check the file sizes. As for the power error. As long as it's going, I'm not going to worry about it.I do have one more issue with the projector output, but I'll start another thread so it doesn't hijack this one.

Back