Rbl ?

My machines are all stock and petg prints slower than pla so I don’t really do a lot faster than that if any for decent print . With petg i am doing about the same for time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you doing it in that 3-4 hr mark? Earlier in the thread you were talking about 17hrs for the bulb! I have cura with a anet a8. Really want to try this out, but can't comprehend how you could get the print time down that much?

Are you doing it in that 3-4 hr mark? Earlier in the thread you were talking about 17hrs for the bulb! I have cura with a anet a8. Really want to try this out, but can't comprehend how you could get the print time down that much?

Yes when I first started I was using .4mm nozzle and didn’t know cura settings. Once I jump up to .8 mm nozzle and played with settings I could run pla prints as fast. As 2:45 per bulb .
Petg is different animal and prints slower so now for best prints I try to stay in 4-5 hours . Speed isn’t always best

Yes when I first started I was using .4mm nozzle and didn’t know cura settings. Once I jump up to .8 mm nozzle and played with settings I could run pla prints as fast. As 2:45 per bulb .
Petg is different animal and prints slower so now for best prints I try to stay in 4-5 hours . Speed isn’t always best

I agree. And I just switched over to petg as well. My anet a8 has some improvements, but it's not a high end printer obviously. Sadly, my biggest nozzle is still the .4mm so it seems at best I could hope for is an improvement to maybe 8-10hrs although I have yet to try it

I agree. And I just switched over to petg as well. My anet a8 has some improvements, but it's not a high end printer obviously. Sadly, my biggest nozzle is still the .4mm so it seems at best I could hope for is an improvement to maybe 8-10hrs although I have yet to try it

Jus try one and see

Doing a test print right now. Noticed the bottom section with the overhang area probably pushed it a little too far and it's kind of mangled. Are you guys using supports on yours?

Doing a test print right now. Noticed the bottom section with the overhang area probably pushed it a little too far and it's kind of mangled. Are you guys using supports on yours?

I don’t and will usually get a few strings hanging down I just clip em off .

I don’t and will usually get a few strings hanging down I just clip em off .

So I tried it with and without supports, fairly conservative speed and settings including printing the outer wall and smaller features slowly. The bottom maybe 1/4 of the bulb section (not the threads area/stem) is coming out with some 2 sections that look just plain messed up. The filament is all very oddly extruded, however, the other sections other than those two spots at the same layer height are pristine, and the rest of the bulb is also looking very clean and ideal. I also tried printing a bulbous vase type of similar shape and a few other kinds trying to see if it may be a problem spot on the printer in between the two test prints, and those came out without issue. I'm at a bit of a loss, seeing as others have obviously printed the model without issue. Using petg at 235 and 70c plate. No issues printing anything else or bad sections that I can see. The only other issue I ran into, is that on both, the thread/stem ripped clean off trying to remove the bulb, but that is possibly due to the mangled weak spot weakening it

So I tried it with and without supports, fairly conservative speed and settings including printing the outer wall and smaller features slowly. The bottom maybe 1/4 of the bulb section (not the threads area/stem) is coming out with some 2 sections that look just plain messed up. The filament is all very oddly extruded, however, the other sections other than those two spots at the same layer height are pristine, and the rest of the bulb is also looking very clean and ideal. I also tried printing a bulbous vase type of similar shape and a few other kinds trying to see if it may be a problem spot on the printer in between the two test prints, and those came out without issue. I'm at a bit of a loss, seeing as others have obviously printed the model without issue. Using petg at 235 and 70c plate. No issues printing anything else or bad sections that I can see. The only other issue I ran into, is that on both, the thread/stem ripped clean off trying to remove the bulb, but that is possibly due to the mangled weak spot weakening it

Not sure but here’s bottom of petg bulb
2d0ac60365d772ef9d58301001cd5356.jpg

Here is pla bottom
3d0208e6e9373231a396e43fb0eeaedc.jpg

Maybe bad file or corrupt I’ve seen that happen too

Printed a bulb in ABS. Printer is dialed in for ABS. Turned out little different. Shrinkage of plastic I think. Trying one with thicker walls now.
e7ed88c78a012693642317043987e201.jpg
e435cda730d73f1177f96bcb905f54cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hey [mention]wilmar [/mention] are you still selling these? I tried to PM you but your mailbox was full. If so let me know here or feel free to PM me.

Thanks
-Russ

Hey [mention]wilmar [/mention] are you still selling these? I tried to PM you but your mailbox was full. If so let me know here or feel free to PM me.

Thanks
-Russ

Shoot me email
william.napier1@yahoo.com
Or Facebook - butch and Marla Napier
I’m in most Christmas and light groups

Thanks
-Russ

Or text 4092339342

Back