Remotes not running

davdue

Had to rebuild my FPP master. Somehow it got corrupted. Everything works on it but my 2 remotes running my tune to sign and mega tree aren?t working. They show up on the wireless network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to rebuild my FPP master. Somehow it got corrupted. Everything works on it but my 2 remotes running my tune to sign and mega tree aren?t working. They show up on the wireless network.

Just realized that none of the local running ESPixel sticks are working either

I have looked through all the settings in FPP v5.2 and can?t find anything I missed. Any ideas. I am working on creating a v7.4 uSD for my RPi.

That looks like the sync messages are not going out. There is a setting for multicast vs broadcast. Try each setting. I seem to remember that some of my devices wanted one or the other and I forget which.

Found it. I was thinking there was someplace that had a checkbox to send sync data. It's in FPP Setting/System Tab.

FPP Settings - System Tab.JPG

And if you uncheck it? I also remember that there is a send broadcast sync packets somewhere. Not home at the moment so doing this by memory.

It was unchecked. Checked it and everything works now. I knew there was something somewhere but I couldn?t find it last night. Of course last night was our town Christmas light judging. So I just set things to effects and ran the tune to sign as a player as close to the show player as I could.

@davdue, Glad you found it and hope you win the competition.

As a newbie i get the reason to use ESPixelStick as a remote.
But is the main benefit of having secondary remote Raspberry PIs primarily to not need long network cables?
but do you use a separate router in each of those sub displays?

Or am i missing some other limitations or value of this?

Using ESPs are an inexpensive way to have a pixel port far from your normal network connectivity. I use it on the devices that are on the other side of my driveway. That way I do not need to run a wire up high or protect it from being run over by a car. In general, FPP remotes allow you to significantly limit the traffic on a network while having a lot of pixels in the show. When using FPP remotes, you no longer need to worry about network loading and the lag it causes.

Using ESPs are an inexpensive way to have a pixel port far from your normal network connectivity. I use it on the devices that are on the other side of my driveway. That way I do not need to run a wire up high or protect it from being run over by a car. In general, FPP remotes allow you to significantly limit the traffic on a network while having a lot of pixels in the show. When using FPP remotes, you no longer need to worry about network loading and the lag it causes.
When you deploy stuff using FFP Connect do you deploy to the master and it talks to everyone else or you deploy directly from xLights to each remote?

Reason I ask is I have a local network for my show wired and wifi on 192.168.1.1 and my master FFP is also connected to my house wifi at 192.168.4.1. Using the two network devices on the Pi4

My computer with xlights has access to 192.164.4.1 network only but not to the local show where the remotes would be.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I do not use xLights and I am not very familiar with how FPP connect works. I CAN tell you that the FPP Master CANNOT send any files to the ESPV4 devices because the FPP Master does not know how to create uncompressed Sparse fseq files that are needed by the ESP V4 software. That means xLIghts must have a way to talk to the ESPs. If I remember correctly, the PI Master has a mode where it will forward traffic from the non show network to the show network and that should allow xLights to send the files to the ESPs. You will have to manually set up the IP addresses and the routing to get the ESP to talk to xLights.

Back