Renard Output Delayed

Hi all,

For some reason my Renard universe is delayed from the audio while my LOR network running in DMX is perfectly on time. I am using a usb to rs485 converter to connect the Raspberry Pi running FPP to the Renard network. I have attached a photo of my channel outputs page. I had left 8 channels on the last Renard controller unused so I tried patching those in Vixen and then re uploaded the sequences but that did not help. This delayed behavior on the Renard network also happens when I run a display testing chase in FPP. The renard controllers start at the same time as the LOR Controllers but then freeze for a second before continuing on but at a significant delay. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 11
Have you tried swapping USB1 and USB2 to see if the problem follows the port or whether it's the adapter?

I can’t do that because the LOR controllers are on the official LOR adapter which doesn’t work with Renard and vice versa.

Fixed it, apparently it doesn't like 10ms sequence timing, I switched it to 15 and everything worked as it should!

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

The standard chart from the Renard Wiki doesn't cover beyond 25ms timing but you can do you own calcs on how many channels (bytes of data) you can send at your selected baud rate.

Baud rate/FPS/10

15ms = 66.6666FPS
So at 57600/66.666/10 you get 86. You can go back to 10ms/100FPS if you reflash the Renards to 115000. In this case, you could have up to 115 channels. At 57.6K at 100FPS, you would get about 57; which is why you were having issues.

Back