Renard SS24 All On Firmware

tannernd

Hello,

Long story short, something is seriously wrong with my SS24. The diagnostic firmware runs flawlessly, the voltage tests correctly, and it does indicate data is received when a sequence is run. However, once the operational firmware is in place, no channels work (the power LED is lit and all fuses are good, it just looks like data is not flowing even though diagnostics show it does).

I have spent more hours than I should have troubleshooting and am totally stumped. At this point I am looking to basically turn it into an expensive power strip. My experience and knowledge is not such that I can program the firmware.

Is there anyone out there that could alter diagnostic firmware to just turn on all channels and leave them on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It sounds like the wrong firmware may be loaded or...

...the incoming RS485 chip is bad or inserted backwards or...

...the connection cable between the controller and the PC is bad or not pinned properly or...

...the testing sequence you're using isn't configured properly or...

Check with WayneJ for specific help -- the SS24 is a proven workhorse controller and isn't that hard to diagnose. Go one step at a time.

Thanks dirknerkle for the reply and the troubleshooting tips.

I am running through an e1.31 bridge, when I connected to other Renard controllers the test sequence the controller output the sequence as expected. However, I have not verified the pin on the U4 and U5 chips. I am thinking I can use a chip I know works from another controller and place it in the faulty controller to see if the chip has gone bad. I am away from the controller at the moment, but will reply back once I am able to verify they are seated correctly.

Crossing my fingers.

Thank you again.

Back