Renard XB help

Trip

Solved: Renard XB help

It's been over a decade since I put up my lights, I have forgotten everything and can't find any documentation of the Renard 64 XB. I am running it through a USB to serial cable through a Ren T and then out to two Ren24s. The Ren24s are working perfect. The Ren64 is giving me headaches. Every time it starts Channel 1-32 is a random channel from 1-32 and channel 33-64 are random 33-64. So on one restart Channel 1 in Vixen will actually be Channel 15 and so on. Anyone have any issues like this before? Not sure what is going on but the last 48 channels on both Ren24s are working fine. Attaching a picture of my Ren64 XB.

I will say last time I used this was on a 32 bit PC.

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well its not random, its because I changed the channel order that it changed.

However if I start from scratch brand new profile the order is very odd. Channel 1 is always Channel 25, so 1-8 corresponds with 25-32. 9-16 is 17-24, 17-24 is 9-16, 25-32 is 1-8. It does the same with 33-64, where the channel order is 33-40 is 57-64, and 57-64 is 33-40, with the middle 8 channels flipped flopped too.

I can live with this, but its just confusing as hell.

That sounds odd. Like maybe some sort of start address on the PICs? Have you dug out your Pickit and reprogrammed the chips?

That sounds odd. Like maybe some sort of start address on the PICs? Have you dug out your Pickit and reprogrammed the chips?

I'm just an idiot, I finally found an XB schematic. I misremembered how channels are done on the board, it's all correct, it just laid out way different than what I remembered in channel placements on the board. I thought it went left to right 1-32, but it absolutely does not. LOL!

Back