Resiator or Regulated

Shawnd

Hello everyone,

I've spent countless hours trying to figure out which 12v pixels to use. There is no clear cut "X" is better than "Y" that seems to make sense. Everyone has a different opinion. I have read that recently the regulated pixels have had issues with fires. Due to the regulated ising more components to make them work i would expect those to fail at a higher rate.. My thoughts are to order 3000 resistor, but am hoping someone can provide further input.

Thanks!

Only input I have is my whole display of 40k pixels or so is 100% resistor. I have to replace a couple pixels a year but no fires or massive failures. I stick with what works for me. I've seen nothing but issues with regulated so I would avoid personally

And my display has been 100% REGULATED for years, and I have had less than a 1% failure rate, despite rain, snow, sleet, hail and senility. I buy virtually all of my pixels from Ray and have never had an out of the box failure either. :biggrin: My guidance would be to purchase from a known reliable vendor. Amazon is great for returns, but you don't really know who the vendors are in many cases.

I have a mix of both. Personally I can not tell the difference between them from function, look, color or speed. Failure rate seems about the same. No fires ever…..from either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back