Reviving the Triks panels!

Santacarl

Hey All,

I haven't used my Trix for a few seasons and thought about using them again....but I have a new computer and frankly all my settings were lost.....

I'm using a Triks-C....but I can't remember about comm ports...

Can I go into the triksc.dat file and change from com2 to com3? Is it that simple I just don't remember.....but then I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning either.... :)

It should be as simple as that as long as nothing else changed.

make sure your com port baud rate on the new computer is 9600

Don't forget to use the colon at the end of your com number in the .dat file (example) COM3:

Years ago, I received a Trix panel that has never been hooked up in our displays. Can you point me in the right direction as to how to use it, how to hook it up, and the like?
Most appreciated!

It should be as simple as that as long as nothing else changed.

make sure your com port baud rate on the new computer is 9600

Don't forget to use the colon at the end of your com number in the .dat file (example) COM3:

Thanks for the response..... BTW, how do you check baud rate?

Years ago, I received a Trix panel that has never been hooked up in our displays. Can you point me in the right direction as to how to use it, how to hook it up, and the like?
Most appreciated!

Well...I set mine up 10 years ago so I don't really remember all the steps....Since mine was already set up all I needed to remember was how to change com ports...

Basically, if you have a Triks-C board mounted on the Trix panel(s) it serves as the interface between Trix panel(s) and the computer (that makes it much easier). You have to use a serial port (or USB to serial converter) to output from the computer to the Triks-C...

There are a couple of sticky notes at the top of this section on "how to"..... I would start reading those...that's how I figured it out all those years ago..... Once I understood what I was supposed to be doing I then came back here with more specific questions and got input from others.....

Thanks for the response..... BTW, how do you check baud rate?

Windows Settings, Device Manager, Ports, select the port in question, right click, select properties, select Port Settings tab,
first entry is bits per second (baud rate). set it to 9600, apply(ok)
exit each window
reboot

Thanks Steve......I learned something new today! :wink:

BTW....you were correct....changing com in the dat file was 'that' easy.... worked like a charm....

Back