Roof nodes mounted under eves

PIC

Thought I would share my first install of RGB nodes. Wanted an easy way to install lights and wanted them to blend into the house. No eyesore! Decided to use j channel and hang under the eves for protection from elements and got same color as my eves. Also allowed for easy storage in basement for testing. Used a jig to keep holes consistent. Installed them today and blends in nicely. Also made adapter piece with soffet piece to hold the ssc module. Just thought I would share. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416956202.386383.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416956223.579001.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416956259.123687.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416959054.792861.jpg
Cut small pieces of j channel. Reversed them and tie wrapped to hold in place. I will sen better pic when I get home.

I was just looking this weekend and trying to figure out how to do this to my house with J channel. Looks like my thinking is over. thanks for the post. Great idea and very clean looking. I would also like to see how you mounted them.

Looking great! I especially love your test facility!

I did something very similar with White J-Trim (matches my sofets) and WS2812B strips with white PCB. I zip tied my strips the the J trim and then mounted the J-trim to the underside of the my sofits. Very celan look and hopefully won't have to take them down and can use them for all holidays not just christmas. To mount the J trim I found some white #8 metal screws and used the slots in the sofit to leave a minimal hole in the eaves. Almost invisible. Only photo I have is of me on the lader with the laptop troubleshooting. Will get some better photos tomorow.

2014-11-23 17.45.49.jpg

Krusty, eager to see ur pics. I will also get some better pics in the daylight tomorrow to show how mounted. I used no screws. All fit very tight with exception of one eve section. Had to make a spacer support piece at each end that forced the light jchannel forward so it would not come out. I have had a one test set out for 3 months with no issues. fYI...Running a fpp to etherdongle to passive hub to sscv4. Fpp now allows for testing from my iPhone/iPad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417012012.081260.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417012129.515591.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417012192.297809.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417012241.944093.jpg
Pics of how I mounted. Showing my prototype in my hand( ignore the extra holes in the j channel homemade clip. I drilled holes in the clip and on the light j channel piece. Used tie wraps to attach. Then just slid clips highlighted between soffet and soffet holder (sorry don't know correct name). It is a very good fit and holds well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417016543.315756.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417016578.596295.jpg
Pics of the eves that were a little loose. Turned a piece of soffet upside down cut it and made a spacer that keeps the light channel from coming out. Also blends in nice.

What LEDS did you use and what is your spacing. I love the look and am hoping to do something similar for next year.

Thanks worked to have it blend in. Here is pic of columns in daylight. Used 12mm bullet nodes from Ray Wu. Spacing on Eves 3.5". Columns are 3" used holiday Coro pixnode net.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450406794.183831.jpg

I am amazed at how it looks solid in the roof outline. What distance are you viewing that at in the night video? I really like the look of it being solid on the outline and want to make sure that I use a spacing that can achieve that look. Is there a reason you went with the bullets as opposed to a strip?

Love the look

Thanks for all the great comments on my display. I have really enjoyed this forum for ideas and am glad to pass mine on to others.
Took video 75 feet from road to front of house. The nodes do start to blend together at that distance. But in person u can still see individual pixels. Liked the bullets be caused they looked more like regularly xmas lights. Also...strips cost much more and appears much more difficult to solder connectors to the ends.

Back