Rookie Help Please

winesalot

Hey There!

I have a winery building and want to put lights on the eve edges. I have looked at traditional string lights with magnetic socket holders and led lights and that seems like a viable option and clearly in my skill set. However, the idea of having led strips that could be used for color changes sounds pretty cool too. The lights will spend most of their life in a warm white setting like traditional bulb lights. I do love the idea of the longevity of the LEDs, and I also like the idea of being able to do some color alterations like red/white at Christmas, green for St. Patrick's Day, red=white-blue for the 4th of July, etc.

I. have a scissor lift, and I built the structure myself, including all the electrical, so I am more than capable of installing it. The hardware, software, soldering, and programming would all be new to me.

So here is the ask: Is there a simple system for a person like me that can make this happen? What components would you recommend?

Pictures of the building are attached. The total run of lights will be around 320-330 feet.

Attachments

• IMG_7132.jpg
    IMG_7132.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7133.jpg
    IMG_7133.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
A two output esp32 wled controller would work with standard 4" spacing bullet pixels. WLED because it can be used "out of box" to control the pixels (what we refer to the chip that allows individual control) from your phone.

If you go strip, be prepared for @$@#$% when you have to replace a pixel or LED and beware of the number of pixels (individually controllable items) per meter. Getting too much control could put stress on the controller and if you wanted to do a custom sequence at some point, it might require rewiring.

There are permanent mounting solutions that can help with the @$@#$% problem if you use strip. There are also permanently mountable systems that take larger LEDS that you might want to have a look at.

Back