Santa, Rudolf, and Elf Countdown

JasonPortwood

I finished my first cutout and modified it to fit the countdown sign from this thread.

I took this cut out and replaced the sign portion with Santa holding the countdown clock.

Sign C.JPG

I also added a couple cup holders screws and made a changeable sign to alternate between either Christmas or Lights.

Sign L.JPG

It's not perfect but once it's in a not so flat yard and distances involved the imperfections won't be noticeable.

From the original sign I separated the frame that held the sign and re-applied that to my cut out. That was done with a screw driver and a heat gun to remove the screws and loosen the glue that also held it down. It came off pretty easy. It also had some staples holding it in but not by much.

Several coats of sealant so hopefully it'll hold up. I also plan on putting some thin flat bar behind it to help keep it sturdy. I worry about the deer leg breaking off. Unless I shouldn't be too worried about it?

-
Jason

Very nice mod there . Looks good :thup2: .. And about the leg . If you're worried , simply take a length of lath board ( cut to size- length width ) and either glue it to the back side of the deer's leg , or screw it on ( just make sure the length goes higher up then the leg does for support ).

Again ... good job .

Back