Sequence won't play when audio is attached

jwilliams31

So this is a somewhat unsupported usage/install but it used to work so I was hoping someone might have some thoughts.

I have been running Vixen 2 (and Vixen+ for that matter) on my Mac using Crossover (for those that don't know, Crossover is beefed up version of Wine). Last year, both Vixen and Vixen+ worked fine. The only thing that changed this year is that I upgraded my Mac to Mojave. Now whenever I try to play a sequence it does nothing. It won't play, the "line" doesn't move, nothing. It doesn't lock up. I can click stop and then keep working. If I remove/detach the audio, then the sequence will run.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jason

So I installed Audacity for Windows with Crossover and I was able to play the mp3. So it just seems to be something within Vixen (and Vixen+ for that matter).

As an additional note, the audio won't play for the "Channel Events/Beat Track" set up either.

I know this may be a silly question, but are all of your audio files in the correct format (MP3) and in the correct folder?

Yes. At least I think so. They play fine if I run Vixen in Windows. It's just running it through Crossover on my Mac that is the problem. I also tried moving the files to different directories and tried changing permissions, but nothing helped. I'm starting to wonder if it is how Vixen plays the MP3 files, whatever it taps into, in Windows that may be causing the issue. I just don't know what it could be.

Like I was saying, it worked fine last year. The only major change was upgrading my Mac from High Sierra to Mojave, and I know that Mojave made a number of security changes.

I know in Windows, under the sound settings, you can check a box that "allows" apps to use the sound settings.
Perhaps there is a setting on your Mac that is similar and will allow Vixen to access the Sound card. Just a thought.

Back