Singing Bulb Setup 1 pixel 2 elements

AJVenti

I am building a singing bulb and I just got to mapping out my ws2811 pixels. My question is can 1 pixel be in 2 elements of the lips? I am using Vixen 3 for my show. How would I do it

Some models are better and others. Example - I recently added the 30" singing tree from Gilbert Engineering (190 pixels). This has all the groups ready defined for you in Vixen, some of the pixels are used in more than one of the mouth modes.

More generally if you're building up your pixels from scratch you can define groups to suit your display, and make programming more efficient in general. There is no right to wrong way of doing this. If you copy a group / pixel from the element list and paste it, you end up with a copy of the same node(s). You will notice that your pixels keep the same names. It's possible to drag elements around the element hierarchy. If you select 'paste as new' then you're making new pixels. You will need to give them a new unique name, then add filters/patching etc. Some props (like stars for example) lend themselves to groups for different rings of LEDs, sides of the star etc. If you have multiple props which are the same, you might want to put all the props' outer pixels in a group for example. Then you can target them all with one effect instance.

Last edited:
Back