singing pumpkins (4) mini help

andytwo2

Hello everyone really new guy to this. Have never made a sequence before. What ive got is I ordered the 8 mini pumpkins. Took four of them, to three of them added a mouth section for movement. This makes it come out to four channels per pumpkin OR 16 total. I have Vixen on the computer. From there im going threw a Enttec OPEN DMX into a Lynx Express. Ive been threw the you tube video on making a working sequence. There are few simple things left out.
If i take a picture of my display can that be used for the preview picture.
Second i can get the music track from anywhere.
I know this should be pretty simple but have never seen it done so till i do its not.

Sorry cant think right now. Been playing with this all week end.

TKS john
nickeldrr@yahoo.com

Welcome to DIYC (or maybe in your case DIYH)

First things first.

If i take a picture of my display can that be used for the preview picture.

Your picture can serve as a background to your Adjustable Preview screen, but in order to see the sequence you have to draw your elements, pixel by pixel on the adjustable preview screen. Using a background picture can be helpful in this respect. The Adjustable Preview is one of the output plugins available where you setup your DMX controller.

Second i can get the music track from anywhere.

As long as it is an MP3, yes.

I know this should be pretty simple but have never seen it done so till i do its not.

We were all there once. Just remember to have fun, it gets easier every time you do it.

-- John

Thanks so much this really helps. Im out of town today but will be working on this next couple days when I get back. Now some of the things on the U Tube how to use Vixen are starting to make sense. I think its starting to make sense im just not that good yet of working the computer in the sense of moving all this stuff around. Ill get it or Ill call for more help. TKS OH buy the way I have a second Lynx Express that will daisy chain with the first one to give me 16 more channels. If im reading this right probably need it already, because the station sign and the music need a channel if all 16 are used for the 4 pumpkins!! CORRECT Later guys TKS Again

OK Guys Im back. I took the bought sequence, ( purple People eater)changed the channels, added the MP3 music and it working. I need someone to tell me step by step how to create the Preiview Screen of my four mini pumpkins and replace the single 4ft pumpkin in the Preview that came with the bought sequence.

Thanks were learning I guess!!

Back