SOT-223 MOSFET to switch DC

P. Short

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's been raining out most of the day, and I can't do much in garage workshop. So I spent a little while to come up with this concept for driving some of the LED boards that people are working with...

This board uses an SOT-223 MOSFET, perhaps a BUK98150 from NXP. This board, which is pretty much still at a conceptual phase, replaces the PIC16F688 on one of the Renard-SS boards, using headers mounted on the backside. The 14-pin surface mount chip on the back of the board is a PIC16F688 (missing the bypass cap). The board is currently about 2.5" x 2.0", and needs to be resized to make a better fit with the -SS boards.

Just an idea...something that I did waiting for the rain to quit.

Attachments

• DC_SSR.gif
    DC_SSR.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 70
So it's a PDD (plugin daughter-dimmer)? I think that's a clever idea and a would expand the capabilities of the SS board. At 14 pins, the surface-mount PIC doesn't look like it would be difficult to mount so it's another DIY adapter.

That's creative, Phil. Smaller would be better to minimize strain on the original pic16f688 socket so it wouldn't work loose, but it's a very nice idea.

I like plug-in adapters...

-dave

Back