spacing for first layout

FlorianG

Hello,

I am new to this hobby and have a question regarding spacing.
Last Christmas I built a tree with C7 LED. I choose a 3" spacing and since my display is on the 8th floor (viewing distance approx 120ft) it looks pretty nice.

For this year, I would like to build a singing face and a drummer with 12mm pixels. Now I wonder, if I should plan 3in spacing or if I should go smaller. Additionally, I will also do the balcony outlines with additional verticals. For the lines, I will probably go with a 4in spacing. I have attached pictures, so you get the idea.

What do you think about the spacing for the singing face and drummer?

Attachments

• Christmas_layout.JPG
    Christmas_layout.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0760_small.png
    IMG_0760_small.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 51
At that distance 3” should be fine. Usually the closer the distance the closer the spacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your tree is 3, I think the rest will work out at 3 as well. It looks very nice. I would add that I don't see the drummer. It is just a bunch of dots. Maybe lit up, it will differentiate a bit.

Does that mean the brightness of 12mm bullet pixel is similar to AC LED's?

. I would add that I don't see the drummer. It is just a bunch of dots. Maybe lit up, it will differentiate a bit.

I hope this pictures helps to show the drummer. It's not perfect yet. I thought once I have figured out the spacing, I will improve the design.

drummer down+up.JPG

Back