SSROZ fuse holder

Levinax

So i had a bunch of these SSROZ 2.4 boards lying around and decided to populate them. The only issue was finding the fuse holder that they are designed for. Mouser says they are sold out until 11/22 which wont work for me. So i decided to improvise...

Any thoughts on this setup (if its a horrible idea, please let me know)...

its a car fuse and 2 .250 quick disconnect ends, soldered in with 16ga wire.

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 37
If it is a car fuse, dont use it.
You need a fuse that is rated for 120V . More car fuses are not.
So i had a bunch of these SSROZ 2.4 boards lying around and decided to populate them. The only issue was finding the fuse holder that they are designed for. Mouser says they are sold out until 11/22 which wont work for me. So i decided to improvise...

Any thoughts on this setup (if its a horrible idea, please let me know)...

its a car fuse and 2 .250 quick disconnect ends, soldered in with 16ga wire.

I would do it like we do for Dirk Cheaps. Jumper across the fuse connection on the PCB and put an inline fuse holder in. Alternatively, if you aren't going to use that much current, then just use a fused plug from an old set of mini lights. I went to Home Depot last year and asked if I could cut the plugs off the lights in the recycle bin. One manager told me no, but then another one said "Sure, no problem"

Last edited:
Roger that bud, I have some of them on hand (the upright ones) is why I was wondering. Glad you'll be all fused up right though. Happy Holidays.

Back