Start Address Firmware

JLStout

If I want to make a Renard SS24 use the start address firmware, do I only need to load it into the first PIC?

If you are using start addressing it needs to be on the first PIC of each controller board.

That's true of the controllers are in parallel, or connected to different ports on the PC or whatever is driving the controllers. It doesn't need to be used if the controllers are in tandem.

Can someone send me the hex file for start address firmware, start address 25? I have tried to load the one I have and can't get it to work. I can't seem to remember how to get from the asm file to hex. I have MPLab x IDE. I did this years ago, and can't remember how to do it.

Thanks.

So I have been using this start address firmware for a few years at a neighbors house. I have 3 SS8 boards, with xbee. First board start address 1. Second board start address 9. Third board start address 17. Trying to add an SS24 with start address 25 with xbee. Xbee radio works with standard pic, but my start address pic is not working. Using a pickit software with the same programmer I have used in the past. I tried erasing the firmware, then loading the start address firmware, but I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Using the simple renard tester to test outputs on the SS boards, and wireless control with the xbee.

My xbees are set up for 57600 baud, no parity, 1 stop bit.

Well, that was stupid. I think I figured it out. To start with channel 25, I need to use start address 3 correct?

Back