Strange color in test mode

TomsLEDs

Supporting Member
I an still running V1.4 as everything has been fine. One thing I noticed last night is one set of pixel strips runs a different color pattern (using the default RGB chase pattern) than all of the other pixels on all 4 Sans controllers. I did red, green and blue solid colors and they are all correct. It is only the chase effect that does it on one strip. Is this something that is a bug in 1.4 and maybe I should move to 1.5?

Wait, you are running V1.4 of FPP?

It has been said many times and many ways, don't trust test mode. Try a sequence that does that same.

Test mode doesn't give me the colors that I expect. Based on posts on the forum, you can't really rely on getting the right colors. I just use test mode to make sure a strand is actually working as expected (besides the color).

You can edit the start channel to match your first pixel channel in order to get the right color. In my setup I have the first 8 Channels used for DMX Snow Machine so I change the start Channel to 9 and then enable test mode and the colors come out as expected. If I start from Channel 1 I get weird shifted colors.

Interesting, I have been running my show a few days now and everything is as expected. Just a test mode annomliy as MikeKrebs stated.

Back