Suggestions for setting up a new Facebook page for your Light Show

Xenia

For those of you who have put up a Facebook page solely for your display, how did you set the page up? What category did you choose? Do you have any tips or tricks for us newbies?

Thanks!

Mine was kind of set up a a Local Business for me. I was not on Facebook but a friend told me they found a page about my display. Apparently some one "Checked-In" while viewing my display. I then joined Facebook and took ownership of the page.
http://www.facebook.com/HughesDigitalChristmas

Will use it for times once I'm up and running.

Mike

Mine was kind of set up a a Local Business for me. I was not on Facebook but a friend told me they found a page about my display. Apparently some one "Checked-In" while viewing my display. I then joined Facebook and took ownership of the page.
http://www.facebook.com/HughesDigitalChristmas

Will use it for times once I'm up and running.

Mike

Can you explain how you claimed the page? I am at this point now but don't know how to claim it. I have tried and there was some problem with my e-mail being @aol.com. I am not sure what to do about it.

I had to set up my own personal Facebook account first. Once my Facebook was up, I was able to go to the already started business page. At that page there was a link asking "Do you know the owner / are you the owner?" I said yes, gave them my info and claimed the page. There may be a few "hoops" to jump thru, I know you have to get something like 25 "Likes" to make the page stay. I also had to send Facebook proof of the "Business" by sending them a copy of an invoice with my business on it. Was able to take a recipe from Mouser and add the "Business" name to it. I took a few week to finally get Facebook to accept the "Business", but, you just have to keep plugging at what they want you to provide. In the end, I now have a location that friends and family look at for posts, pictures, updates, and information about my display.

Yeah the proving it was my business with an invoice was my problem. You say I can use a mouser receipt just by adding the name of the page to it? I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the reply.

Reviving an old thread here. I'm a complete noob when it comes to Facebook. I just recently set up an account for my display, and did not see anything that asked if I was a website, or business, etc. I see where I can set up a page from my account - I take it I need to set up a page??

You can do either... Create an account for your display.. Or create a page through your account. I have a page created through my account and like the fact I don't have to log into the display... However I have found that the downfall is you cannot post on others pages as your display... It has to come from you.. This doesn't apply if your posting on your own page. Then you can use either yours or the page name

Back