Suggestions?

wilmar

So I was lucky enough to get my hands on this high torque set up and wanting to do something really cool with it . Air motor runs max around 2500 rpm with a built in gear reduction then in the gear box itself is reduced down even more with dual output capabilities with a final rpm of about 2rpm . It is used for lifting about 80 -100 lb machine up and down a rail system slowly.
Gears and pulley sizes can be adjusted for more or less speed but didn’t want to wast such an expensive set up on a bobble head Santa . Trying to come up with something to catch the eye. Even at work I’m consumed .
448e12f52e9bcd7ccf7e4ae2e714cace.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Controlling air-activated power tools in an animatronic setting via remote electronics can quickly become a very tricky and hazardous situation. Just imagine if some little kid was next to the prop (where he shouldn't be, of course, but it happens) and he somehow got caught in it. A tool with that much power could be quite dangerous.

Since you're pretty new to the hobby, just hang onto that gizmo until you get some experience under your belt and have done quite a bit of research on animatronics and pneumatic air power.

JMO....

Controlling air-activated power tools in an animatronic setting via remote electronics can quickly become a very tricky and hazardous situation. Just imagine if some little kid was next to the prop (where he shouldn't be, of course, but it happens) and he somehow got caught in it. A tool with that much power could be quite dangerous.

Since you're pretty new to the hobby, just hang onto that gizmo until you get some experience under your belt and have done quite a bit of research on animatronics and pneumatic air power.

JMO....

Magnetic pneumatic automation is just one my specialties , Christmas light programming is very new to me. Thanks for the concerns I just wanted you to feel at ease that I take safety very seriously . My job allows me to acquire such items as I design and build and thought I’d make good use out of some downgraded equipment.
Again thank you for your suggestions.
683c77327a146d7f3375da504a4cab96.jpg

Wiper motors are a cheaper and easier tool for repetitive movements like waving that can be driven with circular motion. Lots of haunts use pneumatics for more complicated props. You may want to hit some of the Halloween forums and see what some of the guys do there, then adapt it to Christmas. It seems the one you have is pretty low RPM. Do you know the torque rating on it? It could be useful for lifting or pushing larger, heavier props.

Wiper motors are a cheaper and easier tool for repetitive movements like waving that can be driven with circular motion. Lots of haunts use pneumatics for more complicated props. You may want to hit some of the Halloween forums and see what some of the guys do there, then adapt it to Christmas. It seems the one you have is pretty low RPM. Do you know the torque rating on it? It could be useful for lifting or pushing larger, heavier props.

Yes I agree, I got it for free as I upgraded one of my builds at work and didn’t want to toss so figured I’d try to incorporate it for something heavier as all my props are made from 3/4” plywood .
As for torque I’m not sure on the max as I use an adjustable slip disc clutch for safety and it’s set high enough to lift 80lbs on a drive rail . But can be adjusted down to slip at maybe 5 lbs. so it has a lot of adjustments to cover probably anything I can come up with.

Back