Super String Shortner and Full Wave Converter 2015 Group Buy

kmalsom

Group Buy Closed​

FWC Full Wave Converter & Super String Shortener
Group Buy​

Group Buy Rules: Read before posting in this thread!

By participating in this Group Buy all participants agree to release www.doityourselfchristmas.com, its Owners, Administrators, Moderators or any other staff of any and all liability and waive all rights I may have under all laws and governing bodies. By posting in this thread you agree you are entering a binding contract between the Organizer (kmalsom) and the Participant.

Click below to read the rules:

Group Buy Rules
You MUST be a Supporting Member to participate in any Group Buy held on DIYC.

You can become a Supporting member by clicking "Settings" in the upper right of the page, and then "Paid Subscriptions" in the "My Account" menu on the left.
Participation in all Group Buys will require you to be a Supporting member.

Supporting Member has it's perks :thup:

This is for the Full Wave Converter Board - See here: Full Wave Converter
View attachment 23482
and
The Super String Shortener Board
View attachment 23483

The FWC is a board that contains 4 diodes set in a configuration to convert a string of LED lights from 1/2 wave to full wave.

The SSS is a board that contains 4 diodes set in a configuration to convert a string of LED lights from 1/2 wave to full wave and spots for 1 or 2 resistors up to 2 Watt. This means you can shorten a string of LEDs as well as rectifying it and keep it all on one board.

NOTE: Each panel contains 54 boards. In other words, the buying unit is one panel. This panel is a 'panelized' PCB in that it contains a subset of smaller PCBs. The smaller PCBs are separated by a v-score in the panel and you literally break the smaller PCBs off from the main PCB panel.

So, when you buy one panel from this group buy, you will be receiving 54 FWCs or 54 SSSs.
There is no option for a smaller quantity of boards.

Pricing Info:

FWC Panel - $3.50 (each FWC costs 6 cents ! 3.50/54 = .065)
SSS Panel - $5.25 (each SSS costs 9 cents ! 5.25/54 = .10)

These prices are based on a minimum of 50 panels of each or 100 panels of one of them. If we order more panels, the price will drop and I will update the prices.

Each FWC or SSS board requires a quantity of 4 * 1n4005/6/7 Diodes. Each panel requires 216 of these diodes.
For the SSS board, you will also need the appropriate sized resistor(s). As you can see in the second picture, the board is set up so that you can only put one resistor in if needed. I've tested this with Vishay 2 Watt resistors and anything that size or smaller will work. Here is a calculator that will help in determining the minimum resistor size.

Both of these boards will fit in a 3/8" shrink tube. The FWC board is approximately 3/8" x 7/8" and the SSS is approximately 7/16" x 1-9/16"

Shipping (US)
Shipping will be done by USPS flat rate priority mail or first class mail if under 13 ounces. Flat rate prices range from $5.30 to $11.15 plus packaging material. I will always try to save you money on shipping. If under 13 ounces, they will ship first class mail in a padded envelope to keep costs down.

Canada and outside North America – Additional shipping fees apply. Please note this in your post and I will get you actual shipping costs.

PayPal
US: PayPal fees will be added: $0.30 + 3%
Non-US: PayPal fees will be added: $0.30 + 4%

Post the number of FWC panels, SSS Panels and bags of Diodes you want.

This Group Buy is limited to the first 100 participants or 400 panels. Once the group buy hits this, or on July 31st, I will close this group buy.

I should receive the panels in the middle of September and you should have them in your hand by the beginning of October.

Please do not edit your post if you want to change your quantity, but rather make a new reply.
Payment will be made by paypal to kmalsom@malsom.net

July 10, 2015 update
----------------------------
WayneJ has agreed to supply diodes for the group buy again. The cost will be $7.00 per bag of 250 diodes. Each panel requires 216 diodes so you will need 1 per panel basically. These are also available off ebay or other electronics retailers, but Wayne's come pre-bent to fit.

1 bag of 250 - 1n4007 diodes - $7.00

Please PM me with your address after placing an order in this thread so I can calculate shipping.

Last edited:
I'll take 3 of the FWC panels and 3 of the SSS panels.
Thanks for doing this!
:thup:

Ooops almost forgot shipping is to Canada.

Last edited:
Hi, I would like two full wave convertor panels and two super string shorten-er panels.
Thanks,
Jim

I'll take 2 FWC and 1 SSS and 2 bags of diodes.

Let me know the total with shipping and I will send it over.

Thanks for doing the GB!!

********** Edited to include diodes **********

Last edited:
just 1 and 1 for me and +1 on the links for the diodes as well, that is something I could see messing up on!

I missed both group buys last year. Happy to get in on this one. I'll take 5 FWC panels and 1 SSS panel.

Thanks!

Post #2 updated with spreadsheet of orders to this point. Please check yours and reply if there are any errors.

I'm also working with Wayne on making bags of diodes with pre-bent leads available. I will update this once we determine price and availability.

Kari:

Two of the FWC panels, please.

Thanks for doing this again.

\dmc

PS: Please add one bag of diodes.

Last edited:
Back