Tayda Electronics - Thailand

T.D.Sutton

Gentlemen / Ladies. The question was asked in :-

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/fo...54-Will-these-TRIACS-work&p=212443#post212443

wether this company:-

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/triacs/bta06-600c-bta06-600-triac-600v-6a.html

Was a "legit" supplier ??

I am pleased to report that I took the "Gamble" and ordered a bunch of itmes from them, paying by "PayPal" and the goods arrived here in NZ by DHL in three days, no problems at all.

Their prices are somewhere are around 30% - 50% of Digikey's on some items, which is a considerable reduction even when the freight is included, $95.20 + Freight, vs $180.00 freight free. For me here I used their most expensive freight, $18.00 vs $15.66 for normal, and no problems at all. For the record I bought a heap of BTA08-600c's for my SSR's, not the ones that the question was asked about!! :)

Disclaimer - I have no other connections with the company apart from being a satisfied customer! with a few extra $$'s in my pocket for other "Blinky Flashy" stuff.

Cheers,

Terry

Lucky you!

The stripboard I ordered from them never arrived. I believe it has to do with them leaving off the suite number of my work address. Things without the suite number disappear into the ether. Tayda's customer service didn't offer anything like free shipping for a duplicate order so I could get my stripboard.... I will never order from them again. Your mileage may vary.

My mileage was OK.

Their range is limited, but what they have is generally pretty cheap.
I paid $9 for standard postage on a $45 order - can't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't long.

Dave

I know there's quite a few folks here that use Tayda - never heard anything bad about them so far - too bad you had a bad experience there MD...

ive used tayda for over 2yrs now, i also suggest parts for them via there facebook page
ive done over 5 orders, i must admit there new cart software is 100% better than there old system
ive ordered from $20 to $150.
I give them 10/10

I've used Tayda for selected items with good results. You can't always know where the order or shipment tracking is, but the stuff does arrive, usually within a week or so.

I use Future Electronics as well, but haven't place an order with Futurelec in a long time....

If you follow their Facebook page they tend to run frequent sales coupons. Right now they have one: 12% Discount Coupon Code : 999111 Valid till 23 July 2012 ( 1pm New York time )

I have had pretty good luck with them, low cost shipping ($1-2 for small orders) and low prices. It does take 1-2 weeks for stuff to get here.

Cool... they just started carrying MOC3023 chips at $.29 apiece... that'll get the price down to 25 cents each!

Another Tayda discount.
15% Discount Coupon Code : 666999
Valid till 24 September 2012 ( 1pm New York time )
*Please use this one wisely because there might not be a new discount coupon for a month after this one. :)
**Please make sure to apply discount coupon during checkout

For folks looking for last minute parts, or a jump start on parts for next year, Taydaeletronics.com is running a sale
Tayda Electronics

15% Discount Coupon Code : GOODBYE2013
Valid till 12 December 2013 ( 6pm New York time )
*Please make sure to apply discount coupon during checkout, we can't apply it manually after checkout is completed.
**PLEASE READ: About delivery; USA shipments are fine for on-time delivery but ALL OTHER COUNTRIES should expect longer than usual delivery time because of upcoming holidays and December is high shopping season where postal services are at their busiest level of the year.

For people looking to buy low cost parts and spares, Taydaelectronics.com is a popular source. They frequently run special discounts on their facebook page. They are running another 15% off discount now:

15% Discount Coupon Code : WILLIAM-GILBERT
Valid till 24 April 2014 ( 6pm New York time )
**Please make sure to apply discount coupon during checkout, we can't apply it manually after checkout is completed.

What are the most common items ordered (by everyone)? Any suggestions?

The 16F688 PIC used in many of the SS and other controller designs.
The 18F4520 PIC used in some of the newer controller designs.
IC Sockets
Fuses
LEDs
Voltage Regulators

There is a list in the wiki of common parts that folks can order to practice soldering on including blank pcbs.

There is a $5 minimum, but you can easily fill the order up with lots of spare parts to experiment with.

Last edited:
Leds and lots of various tranistors/fets i haven been doing anolog design stuff those so probably not very usefully to most:)

The clear leds tayda has are the really bright ones so i can run a very little current though them and they still look great.

I've never ordered anything from their website but have ordered numerous items off their ebay store, no problems so far.

I always double-check my resistor cache before completing a Tayda order. At Mouser they're a dime each. Jameco used to be my go-to for resistors, but somehow they went from a penny in 2009 to $0.099 (a dime) today. At Tayda they're still a penny. A buck gets you 100.

Also: while Mouser still has cheap tin IC sockets in stock, they are EOL. I'm wondering if there will be a replacement part or whether they're just going to stop stocking the inexpensive ones. No indication from Tayda their tin socket parts are EOL.

\dmc

PS: Though the company is in Singapore and Thailand, most of the half-dozen shipments I've gotten from them came from Colorado. Apparently you have to order a pretty obscure part in order to need shipping from Asia.

PS: Though the company is in Singapore and Thailand, most of the half-dozen shipments I've gotten from them came from Colorado. Apparently you have to order a pretty obscure part in order to need shipping from Asia.

All of my orders have come from a US shipping address, that is how they keep the shipping costs low. I assume they have a stock here.

All of my orders have come from a US shipping address, that is how they keep the shipping costs low. I assume they have a stock here.

I have gotten some direct from overseas but most come from CO. I always assumed they pack the order overseas and they are gang shipped to their us location and then resent. Too many little baggies packed way too fast for it to be done in the US and have prices that low.

Back