The buy vs make delima: Meteor Lights

Utimgr

Supporting Member
I do enjoy making and modifying stuff. I took some home depot candy canes and pixelated them. They look great. I've been thinking of adding meteor lights, and I've done some research, and trying to decide do I try and DYI these or is it just one of those times where you are better off just buying the things and then modifying them (or not) for your liking. So for those who have been down this path, looking for either the best place in 2023 to buy them, or is there a better way to make. Money is part of it, I like to save $$ when I can, but life lessons have also taught me that sometimes its worth spending a little bit more for something is looks better than you could make. I don't expect to make them part of 2023 display, if I could fine but more so looking at next year. I found a very cool project, thought I bookmarked it but can't seem to find it now where they actually made it splash at the bottom. Sound familiar to anyone?

I bought some meteor lights from Novelty lights, which work nice, but I got some duds. Some of the positive contact points were poorly made and have already broken off. Anyone try to repair their own meteor lights? The side wall is fine, but the bottom tip broke off. Is it difficult to repair or should I try to ask Novelty lights for replacements?

Back