Things you have printed....or tried to....

SyPTo

Pink minion

and a pink galaxy S3 cover

it keeps the wife happy when you buy pink filament and print her some stuff , seems to make her forget i spend money on a 3d printer ;)

Attachments

• 20140119_224136.jpg
    20140119_224136.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20140120_050114.jpg
    20140120_050114.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 111
the detail on some of the stuff is amazing , especially the size of some of it...

ofcourse printed with that $$$$ objet printer , you shouldn't expect anything less...

It isn't the cost of the printer, necessarily. The recent home-quality 3D printers, I'm told, print just as nicely as the Dimension printers (we call them plastic poopers), but are much more intolerant of the user.

The Objet prints VERY high resolution parts, but they can be fragile. The plastic poopers can't match the resolution (yet).

I want a metal printer, but those are not in the 10s of thousands yet. I think they are A LOT way from the 10s (probably mid to upper 500s).

It isn't the cost of the printer, necessarily. The recent home-quality 3D printers, I'm told, print just as nicely as the Dimension printers (we call them plastic poopers), but are much more intolerant of the user.

The Objet prints VERY high resolution parts, but they can be fragile. The plastic poopers can't match the resolution (yet).

I want a metal printer, but those are not in the 10s of thousands yet. I think they are A LOT way from the 10s (probably mid to upper 500s).

Oh, you may think this is cool then.....

http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...th_3D_printer?source=CTWNLE_nlt_hw_2013-07-15

Printed at the hackerspace. We exported the models of all the buildings of downtown Louisville and printed all of them at 1/1000 scale. They were placed in their location on the a scaled map across the tables. We got a grant from the city to do this using 5 replicators which where later donated to the libraries around town.

ModelCitySide.jpg

Printed at the hackerspace. We exported the models of all the buildings of downtown Louisville and printed all of them at 1/1000 scale. They were placed in their location on the a scaled map across the tables. We got a grant from the city to do this using 5 replicators which where later donated to the libraries around town.

Coooolllll

Back