Thoughts for mounting pvc/pixels to roof

steve3d2005

Hi All,

Keep adding stuff to house. Initial outline was just the stuff on front of house facing out and was accomplished with 1/2" pvc, chromastrips(?) and square pixels. That was pretty darn easy.

Now I'm thinking of adding pixels to the sides of the roof to give some additional layering(see attached 3d model).

My plan was to use the same 1/2" pvc clips, just zip tie the pixels onto the pvc and put it right at the upper edge of the roof fascia, just below the shingles facing up.

When I went and looked at the edge of the roof I see a metal flashing extending about 2" down from the shingles. I don't know that it would be great putting holes in that for the clips, but if I move the clips further down the pixels will be below the roofline and would restrict the viewing angles.. Anyone meet a similar challenge and come up with a crafty way to resolve it? Thanks in advance!!

-Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3032.jpg
    IMG_3032.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 126
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 115
angle roof.png

Heres a side-view picture of the rooflines. Reason I felt I needed to point pixels up and get them over the roof edge is because if they are pointed down, due to the angle of the roof, they will essentially be pointing away from the viewing area. I'm guessing that would make them very tough to see and wouldn't work out great.

Back