Thoughts on pixel wire color

SigmaRelief

I took the plunge on a pre-buy for pixels and immediately began questioning going with black wires for all the strings. I'm still working out how they will all be used, but am considering coro snowflakes in the yard and house and possibly smaller coro orbs in the trees. Are there many situations where the white wires would really look better?

I only buy black . One thing needs to be established right off though is to set a wiring code standard with the black and never deviate from that code .

My mad method code is from left -> right v+,D,C, v- and as the identifier I cut the v+ shorter .

just my .02 :)

I have pixels with White wire, Green wire, Black wire, and Red/White/Blue wire.

First purchases of white wired pixels (12V) were for my eaves so they matched.
First purchase of green wired pixels (12V) were for the yard props.
First purchase of black wired pixels (5V) were for new high density props and prop groups where I could power with one 5V supply instead of two 12V supplies.
First purchase of red/white/blue wired pixels (5V) were for new high density props and prop groups where I could power with one 5V supply instead of two 12V supplies.

So for me, I use the wire color to help remind me which voltage type I am using, 5V or 12V.

Back