Transfering show to a different computer?

MaintenanceGuy

Hi, I am using Vixen 3.1 and it is great. Thanks to everyone who helped develope it. I am trying to transfer my show from one computer to another and all of the compontets do not copy. Which files do I need to move? Thanks for the help.

I use the Zip Wizard feature under the System -> Profiles.
All audio files and background pictures are kept in the sequences directory in the specific profile so they end up in the zipped file.
Take the .zip to the new computer and unzip it. Copy the files to the new directory.
You will have to re-associate audio files when you open a sequence if the drive and path are not the same on both computers. (Also may have to do the same with the preview background.)

Once you have both computers setup, you only need to copy the .mp3 and .tim files from one to the next.

Two of us here pass these files back and forth and on a very regular basis.

Also, several members of this site do a lot of "exchange" between several computers. They may have a better/faster method.

I use the Zip Wizard feature under the System -> Profiles.
All audio files and background pictures are kept in the sequences directory in the specific profile so they end up in the zipped file.
Take the .zip to the new computer and unzip it. Copy the files to the new directory.
You will have to re-associate audio files when you open a sequence if the drive and path are not the same on both computers. (Also may have to do the same with the preview background.)

Once you have both computers setup, you only need to copy the .mp3 and .tim files from one to the next.

Two of us here pass these files back and forth and on a very regular basis.

Also, several members of this site do a lot of "exchange" between several computers. They may have a better/faster method.

Thanks I will give that a try. I am trying to make a backup PC just in case the one running the show crashes.

Back