Triple layer arches - what do you like?

Cosmo

I'm going to add some triple layer arches for next year. I'm also thinking about putting a fan or half spinner inside each arch set. I know Holiday Coro, Boscoyo and Gilbert Engineering all sell versions of a triple arch. I think around 6' wide by 3' tall is a good (and common) size for my show. I'm sure there are other products or other ways to build them. What do you use or like?

Last edited:
I used Boscoyo arch’s and strips for the fan:

1671cf67153427d86b802e1b77479e12.jpg

I used Boscoyo's Arch as well, and have adding the fan just like StickyWicket on my to-do list for 2021.

I used Boscoyo arch’s and strips for the fan:

1671cf67153427d86b802e1b77479e12.jpg

I'm in the process of building some like this. How long is your base pipe? Is the center ring mounted into center pipe? or something else? Is 1/2 inch emt sturdy enough? That looks like a U-Bolt, What size? Anything else I need to know about this build? Thanks in advance!

I'm in the process of building some like this. How long is your base pipe? Is the center ring mounted into center pipe? or something else? Is 1/2 inch emt sturdy enough? That looks like a U-Bolt, What size? Anything else I need to know about this build? Thanks in advance!

U-bolt is 1/4 thick x 2 1/4 wide x 3 1/2 tall. It is placed in two holes drilled through the center of the pipe.

Base pipe is 6’ exactly. 1/2 EMT, it does bow a little but it’s not too bad.

U-bolt is 1/4 thick x 2 1/4 wide x 3 1/2 tall. It is placed in two holes drilled through the center of the pipe.

Base pipe is 6’ exactly. 1/2 EMT, it does bow a little but it’s not too bad.

Thanks. I'm having a little trouble getting the coro to line up with the pvc on one side. I may throw some heat to it and form the arch and take some of the tension off.

Thanks. I'm having a little trouble getting the coro to line up with the pvc on one side. I may throw some heat to it and form the arch and take some of the tension off.

When I did mine I only attached the top zip ties between the pieces and didn’t do the rest until after I had the fan tensioned. Having that extra tension from the fan is likely to help hold the shape better.

Now that you showed us the fans, I think I can see these going inside my windows. Sure simplifies the weatherproofing. And much shorter ladder.

Back