Tulsa Gathering

FireGod

I am getting close to finishing my stay in Abu Dhabi and I hope to get home and finish the "Man Cave". Once I can get a little time, I would like to invite any and all members to a one day cave warming/Oklahoma Mini gathering. I'll supply the food and drinks.

I will also have the following equipment on hand so you can use it and learn a little or just get some work done:
Mig welder
Oxygen/acetylene torch
Plasma cutter
Bead blaster
Bench lathe
Drill press
Oscilloscopes
PIC programmers
Soldering stations

Also the last I heard KC was living in Tulsa and I'm fairly sure I can get him to attend for those who would like to meet the Master.

I would also like you guys to bring your hardware to demo and I'll do the same.

This is not a firm commitment but I am hoping to pull it off in the next month or two. For anyone not familiar with my working conditions, I do not have a set schedule but I am due for some serious down time and I would like to make this happen.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Hi FireGod,

I don't think we have met. I just started with sequenced Christmas lights in 2008. I just added to my collection of controllers and am in the process of building items for my 2009 display.

I am attending any and all meetings trying to learn and meet others in this obsessive hobby. I have attended one Lone Star Holidays workshop on LOR sequencing and am planning on attending another next weekend. I am also trying to attend the HAM in Kansas.

I would be thrilled if I could pick your brain about welding and would be honored if I could help you 'christen' your Man Cave.

DrHudd

Sounds like a lot of fun! Just let me know when the date firms up. If I can do anything to help out, feel free to shout.

Art

Things are looking better and better here. We just finished the 7 day performance test so I think I'll be released very soon to go home to my family. I am thinking the date may be the end of August. I'll keep you posted.

David,

In the past year I have been to your house a few times to work with Christmas lights. I would like to know when this gathering is also. I have subscribed to this thread or else email me @ jared at nfusetechnology (dot) com if nothing gets posted here. Thank you.

Jared

Thanks for the replies. I'll be headed home on Friday. I'll pick a date in the next week or two once I see how much progress I can make on the cave.

So September 19th it is!!

Mr KC Oaks will be in attendance. I hope to have a few of my newer items finished by then.

I'll provide BBQ for lunch (slow roasted pork) with hamburgers and hot dogs and drinks.

Shine up you hardware to show off!

According to Google Earth the driveway is at:
35°59'40.68"N 95°52'44.53"W

Basically 117th South and 87th E Ave in Bixby.

11717 S 87th East Ave, Bixby

The hobby shop is almost done at that location. I should have the permit to build the house on Monday. By September 19th it could be a big mess as far as the house construction goes but the shop will be un affected. However driving down to the shop may be a slight problem.

I'll be sure to remind everyone the week before and the day before.

Hope to see everyone there!

I will try to be there. It is during soccer season but depending on the time I can probably make it.

I'll be there all day from 9AM or 10AM until whenever. If there is is people in attendance at dusk, I'll arrrage for some pizzas or we can keep eating the leftovers (if there are any).

OK, one more week. I have finished the construction and the house foundation is a muddy mess but that is not a problem.

Let me know what you like to drink so I can add it to the shopping list!

I got the rotating Christmas tree running using the wireless FGII IGBT switching.
The Tesla coil should be ready to go.

I also have:Oxygen/acetylene torch
Plasma cutter
Mig welder
Bead blaster (fine sand blaster for small parts)
Bench lathe
Drill press
Metal band saw
Grinders
Oscilloscope
PIC programmer
Soldering station

If you need something welded, cut, or turned just bring it with you and I'll help you work on it or do it for you.

If you just want to play with a welder or plasma cutter, that can also be arranged!

Be sure to bring your hardware so others can see what we are doing.

Those of you planning to attend, pleasse RSVP so I can plan for lunch. I am planning smoked pork shoulder sandwiches (I am smoking the pork my self), hamburgers, and hot dogs.

And of course KC said he would attend!

Time: Saturday September 19th from 10:00 AM until whenever. Just show up for lunch at 12:00PM!

Place:
According to Google Earth the driveway is at:
35°59'40.68"N 95°52'44.53"W

Basically 117th South and 87th E Ave in Bixby.

11717 S 87th East Ave, Bixby

The shop is at the bottom of the hill, enter at the railroad tie driveway and follow the dirt road to the bottom of the hill.

I hope to see you guys there!

Last edited:
FireGod,

I won't be attending your mini (Minneapolis to Tulsa is a bit too far... :() but I just wanted to say that you have really gone beyond the point of being accommodating to those who will attend. Wow! Wish I could be there!

-dave

FireGod,

I will be there. Thank you for hosting this.

As far as drinks go, I would just like some Coke.

If you need me to bring anything else please let me know.

Again, Thank you,
Greg

David,

Looks like it will be real tight for me. I have one soccer game at 10:00 in the morning here then I travel to sapulpa for a 2:30 game. It would be close to 5 before I could get there.

Tony

Ditto to what Greg said -- let me know if there's anything I can bring.

Thanks for your kind hospitality and the smorgasbord of victuals!

Back