Twinkle Across Roof Soffit

outbreak

On one of my short clips, I have Santa sounding like he's walking along the roof, then taking off into the night. I'm trying to figure out how to make my soffit pixels twinkle in about a set of 20 or so, that follows the soffit flowing left to right.

Once again this year, I can't wrap my head around the layers.

Thanks for the help!

Jay

Put the twinkle in the default layer. Then put the chase in an intensity overlay layer along with a set level that has an intensity of 1. The set level will provide a base intensity that mixes together with the chase. The allows it to blank the twinkle in the areas the chase is off.

Add some pulse overlap to make the chase pulse long enough to show enough of the twinkle.

* Edit you can also set the minimum brightness level in the chase to 1 instead of using the set level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Put the twinkle in the default layer. Then put the chase in an intensity overlay layer along with a set level that has an intensity of 1. The set level will provide a base intensity that mixes together with the chase. The allows it to blank the twinkle in the areas the chase is off.

Add some pulse overlap to make the chase pulse long enough to show enough of the twinkle.

* Edit you can also set the minimum brightness level in the chase to 1 instead of using the set level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff, you're amazing!!! I sure wish I new 10% of what you know about Vixen! Thank you VERY much!!!

Back