Twinkly Lights, Xlights and a specific required effect

TwinkleToes

I'm getting some Twinkly Lights for a tree and I see that Xlights can control them.

I'm after a specific effect from the lights, namely a 'soft twinkle' (kind of like fireflies I guess). I can't find any info on this effect being available in the standard Twinkly Lights app or any 3rd party software such as Xlights, but is there a way to program such an effect in Xlights (or anything else for that matter which will control Twinkly Lights)?

I apologize no one answered your question. Personally, I didn't even see it (Halloween crunch, probably).

Actually, the effect in Xlights is called "Twinkle". To make a soft twinkle, you go into Effect Settings and increase the step size. Twinkle basically has two parameters: the percent of lights you want on at any one time, and Twinkle steps. Twinkle steps is more-or-less your fade in/fade out time.

Incidentally, what is the verdict as far as Twinkly working in Xlights? I have someone asking for some XS2811 Edison String lights, and the only ones I know of are the Twinklys.

Back