Using D-Light ACx16 Controller with Vixen

ggardner

Is anyone using the D-Light ACx16 controllers with Vixen 3, or even 2 any more? If so, how do you get it to connect to the controller? I would like to upgrade my Version 2 sequences to Version 3, but I need to know if it will work with the D-Light controllers first and how to do it. Also, I have lost the reidfo.dll for version 2 so my lightshow doesn't work at all now. Does anyone have a copy they could send me? Thank you.

I also have 5 D-Light ACx16 controllers that I just loaded OpenDMX onto. I've got the D-Link RS485 v3 adapters, but I can't figure out how to use them with Vixen V3. It seems like I'm missing a module.

Does anyone have a module that would support these D-Light USB RS485 dongles with Vixen v3?

OK, I answered my own question. You should use the Enttec USB -> DMX adapter. The D-Light dongle requires some significant modifications to work properly, and it probably isn't worth your time. I had a USB -> DMX adapter laying around, fortunately. To connect the DMX dongle to your D-Light unit, you can cut an ethernet cable and make your own DMX -> ethernet adapter. The pinout is:
Ethernet White/Blue -> DMX pin 2
Ethernet Solid Blue -> DMX pin 3
(this is using a 5-pin DMX cable)

Remember to make a DMX terminator by using a 580 ohm (?) resistor between ethernet pins 4 and 5 at the end of the chain.

Last edited:
Back