Velleman VM116 USB DMX controller

Bry UK

Hi All,

I have purchased a Velleman DMX USB controler for my display this year as it was advertised "includes dll files" and I assumed they would go into the plugin section of VIXEN and away we go. DOH!

It doesnt show up in the selection menu. I have posted in the Vixen section and teberle explained that this would be a better place to look for help.

Can the dlls that come with the hardware be modified to work?

I have uploaded the files just in case that helps

Many Thanks for all help

Forgot to mention.. The dlls came from the delphi section of the cd, there are others but wasnt sure which ones to post

I know Vixen uses Dot Net so you might see if the CD has a section for the .NET framework or maybe C++ or C#. The Delphi dll probably will not be usefull for this plugin.

A plugin would need to be created for vixen beyond the dlls. There are a few folks on the forum who are capable of making plugins. You may want to post your plugin request in the vixen general forum it will be a bit more noticeable there.

When/If it gets created stop back here and let us know so I can add it to the list of supported DMX dongles.

I downloaded the dlls but I need some documentation. Check the cd and see if there are any .Net dlls and documentation.

Here you go

Yup it has dot net & C dlls so have included them. The manual bit is a tad short without any really useful info but I have added it anyway.

Thanks gang for all your comments

Bry

:)

OPEN DMX

I Have had a look at the supported DMX module OPEN, its price is reasonable so I am going to buy one of those instead of messing around with the velleman unit. Thanks for your comments.

I know the open is supported. Is the Pro?? ANyone using one?

Best Regards

Bry UK :lol:

I believe the pro is in beta testing right now. The code hasn't been released yet.

As far as the velleman, it would be nice to have a plugin for it; you aren't the first to request it.

Thanks DynamoBen, Is there much need for the Pro or is the OPEN just fine?

I would love to use the Velleman unit as I have bought it however, I think I will still order the OPEN unit just in case as its getting a bit close to switch on

Thanks again for the support

Bry

The open is a good entry level DMX dongle. The Pro is a lot nicer but if you don't intend on using more than a few times a year or aren't going to use some of the more advance options I don't know that it is worth the extra money.

On my list of things to make, I have a DMX dongle because I like the Pro but its a bit pricey.

Back