vista 64

shocker

Thanks for vixen it is great but i have a pc that run vista 64 and vixen dont seem to work with it is there a patch that will enable it to work with vista 64

thanks again for all the good work and your time

Attachments

• vixenvista64.jpg
    vixenvista64.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Looks like that's a problem with FMOD (the sound subsystem that Vixen uses). The company that makes FMOD releases separate versions of the product for 32- and 64-bit systems, so KC would have to include support for the 64-bit DLL in Vixen.

-Matt

Hey, I have worked with KC on this for a bit. HE got Vixen to run on vista 64, but there is no sound output. He has to get time to look into why, but it will not read the sound card is what i understood.

PM KC and tell him i sent you, Just ask him for the x64 files so you can work on some testing of sequences

It is my understanding that Vixen cannot output data to the parallel port directly in Vista so it won't work for Grinch/Olsen 595 or LEDTriks

Vixen will not work in Vista x64 because KC used Fmod3 in Vixen. Fmod3 is not available in a 64-bit library. The only way you will get sound output is to eliminate the need for the fmod3 dll file. I run Windows XP x64 and have for the past few years and that's as far as I've gotten in getting it to work. I end up just installing Virtual Box (a free virtual machine product) and running 32-bit Windows inside that. You can give the Virtual Machine ports on the 64-bit machine and it works pretty well.

I recently upgraded to Vista x64 and I am also having a problem getting Vixen to work. I tried replacing the fmodex.dll file with fmodex64.dll, but I guess it's not that easy. I am not going to be using this computer to run my display, but it would be nice if I could at least test my controller, even if sound is not available at the moment. I PMed KC, but I don't know how often he checks his messages. Could someone share their Vixen x64 files or the method they used to get Vixen to open? Thanks in advance.

Back