Vixen 2.1 Problem With Channels

Amigorick

I have been pulling my hair out !!! I can go to any sequence and use the "Test Channels" button by selecting
"ALL" this action turns on everything. If I turn them off and select them one at a time, most lights won't come on!
Is there a setting that is wrong ??? It worked perfectly last year !! I have 416 channels on two com ports. I use the USB to TTL adapters
running Xbee Pro Radios.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!

Ricky

When "ALL" channels turns them on but individual channels don't, I'd look at a problem with start address in one or more of the controllers.

what changed in the layout from last year to this year?

break down the problem controller by controller. usb1 connects to controller1. Do the channels light there?

controller1 has an xbee in it that talks to controller2. do the channels work there? do they work on controller3? etc

iirc, the controllers use start address firmware with the xbees? any changes to the controllers this year?

We added some channels at the end of the year last Christmas and I am in the process of re-figuring the Start Addresses
for each controller to make sure I don't have overlapping channels. I control my lights with one TTL to USB Adapter connected
to Dirk's Xbee Snap-in Adapter and an Xbee Pro on one com port. I have the same setup on another com port that controls my neighbors
lights. Both TTL Adapters show up in the Device Manager and the settings on the ports match the Xbees (57600,8,M,1). One com port
has channels 1-224 and the other 225-416. The Pan ID's and Channels are different for each Transmitter. I hope that the start
address numbers may be causing the problems so I am going to start from controller one and re-program them in order to hopefully get
rid of any possible over-lap.

Don't forget, the Xbees are not the problem -- they just send out whatever you tell them to send. They have no addressing on their own and their control is strictly via the PANID and the channels you have assigned in Vixen to each of the COM port outputs (your USB-TTL adapters).

If you have remapped channels inside of Vixen, then you may have a hopeless mess.

If I were you, I would analyze the very first controller that handles channel #1 of your show. Get that one working first and go from there.

Created a new Profile and every channel works. But after naming them and reordering them in the Profile Manager, the output channels are changed!!???
What causes this?

Back