Vixen 2 help files not displaying

Mike_Parks

Hi,
I cannot get the help files to display on vixen 2 (version 2.1.1.0). If I click on 'Help' 'Contents' I get the main chapter headings and if I click on one of the + symbols I see the sub-chapters but none of them will open.
Thanks,
Mike

Several years back.. MS found a vulnerability in xxx.chm type help files and issued a patch to disable them.

You can manually unblock by going to the Vixen folder, right click on Vixen.chm, select properties and check unblock.

-Craig

Attachments

• vix.JPG
    vix.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 9
O.K. here goes.... These are 'click on' items

Click On -of course, open Vixen first.......:lol:

Programs
Manage
'+' sign, then enter the name of your program (make one up, like - 2017 show)
Use each sequences plug-in setup
Click on the Program Name that just showed up in the 'Programs' area, then Drag & Drop sequences from the left pane in to the right pane
O.K.
Yes
Programs
Schedule
Scroll down to the time you want your show to start
Double Click in that time line
Select Program (i.e. 2017 show)
Repeat
Fill in ending time
Recurrence - then tell Vixen how often you want the program to play (you can do a separate one for weekends if you choose) enter the start date and the end date then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Hi Craig,
I don't see the same options when I click on Properties, no unblock option. Surely I wouldn't be able to see the main chapter and sub chapter headings if the file was blocked.
Mike

Hi,
I can set up a basic schedule but I am trying something a little more complicated - see my recent post under 'How do I' .
I can overwrite the start time from the one selected from the drop down list but you don't seem to be able to change the end time.
I believe you need to end one program before starting another otherwise you get a comm port error.
Thanks,
Mike

Back