Vixen 3.0 New E1.31 Output Module

I get about a hundred fifty error messages about "solution folders are not supported in this version of the application" and one "The solution already contains an item 'Script'" and finally a "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. Please see the Output Window for details". The output window simply says "Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read."

It seems like none of the elements in the tree are populated correctly. Unfortunately, I don't have time to learn C# and windows development ATM, I just figured if it were easy, I might poke at the E1.31 plugin. Carry on!

I get about a hundred fifty error messages about "solution folders are not supported in this version of the application" and one "The solution already contains an item 'Script'" and finally a "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. Please see the Output Window for details". The output window simply says "Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read."

It seems like none of the elements in the tree are populated correctly. Unfortunately, I don't have time to learn C# and windows development ATM, I just figured if it were easy, I might poke at the E1.31 plugin. Carry on!

Yikes, that sounds ugly. :-( I'll try it tonight, cloning a clean master from the repo, and seeing if that works and if there's any problems. My apologies!

Yikes, that sounds ugly. :-( I'll try it tonight, cloning a clean master from the repo, and seeing if that works and if there's any problems. My apologies!

No apology necessary. It simply looks like some feature you guys are using for the project isn't supported by the "express" version of visual c#.

Any news on a working E1.31 plugin for the latest release of vixen?

Nothing yet; we're still looking for someone to take ownership of the module and get it working/maintain it. kychristmas has offered to have a look at it and see if he can help, which is great. If you know of anyone else that can code and has E1.31 hardware, please speak up! :)

Sorry but I am not a code writer and don't know any either. I have lots of e861 controllers this year and was hoping e1.31 plugins would have been developed for vixen 3.0 this season. Vixen 3 makes managing my 6000 channels much easier than previous versions.

I can say the exact same thing myself... I tried poking around at it but couldn't get anywhere with express either. If I find more time I'll see if I can get the pro version through DreamSpark (for those of us still enrolled in a university) and try that. No promises though, in fact, I'm not even expecting to make any progress with it even if I can get the project files to open.

i took the plugin posted for the early 3.0 beta and ran it through .net reflector and the code shows up. to even begin to port it over though i would have to know how the new vixen communicates with the plugins. My .net skills are mostly limited to database access and report generation so i am most likely in over my head but if saltz0r could provide insight into how the models need to communicate i can take a stab at it.

i took the plugin posted for the early 3.0 beta and ran it through .net reflector and the code shows up. to even begin to port it over though i would have to know how the new vixen communicates with the plugins. My .net skills are mostly limited to database access and report generation so i am most likely in over my head but if saltz0r could provide insight into how the models need to communicate i can take a stab at it.

No need to run it through reflector -- all the code is in the public repository: https://github.com/sall/vixen-modules ... the E1.31 code is there, I think it's the broken one from last year. Have a look at the Dummy Lighting module, that is an output controller that works, and is a good indication of how things plug together.

Having said all that, I see over in the other thread that piense has worked on the E1.31 module:

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/fo...00-September-2012-3-0-2-0&p=231548#post231548

I haven't looked at it yet, but hopefully that might do the trick? I'll see if I can import the code in and get it building.

ha ill try it out this afternoon. if that works it saves me a ton of time and allows me to get started with vixen for this years show.

Yeah. That IS the default module. Or was the beginnings of it. That thread is 2 years old. That's when V3 was in its infancy.
We do have some work going into making it easier to use in future versions.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so..

Am I missing something?...or is there no e1.31 module that works for Vixen 3? I had planned on turning up a few lights using my j1sys ECG, but when I follow the directions to install the module Vixen just crashes....

Given how late in the season it is, it would be good to know this so I don't waste any more time with Vixen...

sACN is included by default with the vixen 3 installation. It's now called by it's correct name "Streaming ACN (e1.31)" you don't have to install anything extra to get it working.

If you did overwrite the good files with the old ones, you may have broken the current module. You may want to reinstall the current download of V3.1u2 to get it back where it should be.

Note that this thread is over 2 years old and has been no longer relevant for a long time now.

Thanks (delayed!)

I forgot about how to setup the plugin for unicast, and thought I couldn't do it with the Streaming ACN plugin....After I hit my head against the wall hard enough I remembered right clicking, then adding, then selecting...and it worked!...

I must say I'm very impressed with Vixen 3.0. My last use of vixen was 2.5, then I moved over to LOR for a while (just simple sequences--there's been no time)...but putting together a simple sequence that was pretty cool in vixen 3 was dead easy once I figured out what I was doing...

There's still lots to learn, but I'm a big fan of object oriented "anything"...and had been thinking about that for sequencing since I started looking at this stuff 6 years ago...the potential for sharing easily is fantastic!

Anyway, thanks again...looking forward to actually building out the vision I have in 2015.

David

Thanks (delayed!)

I forgot about how to setup the plugin for unicast, and thought I couldn't do it with the Streaming ACN plugin....After I hit my head against the wall hard enough I remembered right clicking, then adding, then selecting...and it worked!...

I must say I'm very impressed with Vixen 3.0. My last use of vixen was 2.5, then I moved over to LOR for a while (just simple sequences--there's been no time)...but putting together a simple sequence that was pretty cool in vixen 3 was dead easy once I figured out what I was doing...

There's still lots to learn, but I'm a big fan of object oriented "anything"...and had been thinking about that for sequencing since I started looking at this stuff 6 years ago...the potential for sharing easily is fantastic!

Anyway, thanks again...looking forward to actually building out the vision I have in 2015.

David

Back