Vixen 3.8 Text message is backwardon Mega Tree

AJVenti

I have a mega tree that I was trying to put text on when I do, it plays backward. I type in Merry Christmas and it comes out samtsirhC yrreM . I tryed to different directions and it still comes out the same

Tony

My Mega Tree have 16 strands with 6 inputs right to left
input #6 45 pixels universe 36
input #5 135 pixels universe 32
input #4 135 pixels universe 28
input #3 135 pixels universe 24
input #2 135 pixels universe 20
input #1 135 pixels universe 16

the other effects seem to be working I just can't figure out why it comes out backward

Trees and matrices in vixen are always left to right, bottom to top. This refers to the strings in the groupings, and the elements in those strings. When you set up your preview, that's how it will work. If your actual wiring differs from that model, then you need to map it accordingly when you do the patching. Sounds like you need to patch the strings in reverse order.

That is why I asked. Some people read "right to left" in someone's instructions and miss the statement "as viewed from the rear".

I Will try to patch the strings in reverse order. I would have thought that would have nothing to do with the text being backward. Wouldn't that make it go in the opposite direction?

Tony

You said that the words come out "samtsirhC yrreM". Did you happen to notice that each individual character was reversed? (s, r, t will be the most viewable.)

If that's the case, then you need to patch your strings to your controller outputs in reverse order.
Not the elements, the strings. So you'll need to select one string at a time and patch it.

Back