Vixen Audio problem

Joshwright76

Audio will only play from my pc speakers not to the headphone output that I need to use the fm transmitter.
headphone jack works from youtube and amazon music etc just not Vixen
The only thing I can find in vixen is in the sequence screen there is a speaker icon that should have a pull down for audio devices I think. it does show the computers speakers when you click on it but I can not change it

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
Josh
/G\

If you are playing from the scheduler, the audio device you want to use for output must be the default audio device on the computer. Some of the computers auto switch from speaker to headphones when the phones are plugged in. You need to do that before starting Vixen, so the headphone output is already set.

The audio library in Vixen is older and it does not handle well all the new sound devices that have a lot of software magic under the covers to make them work.

It's hard to say how a particular device will behave without experimenting with it. Does it present itself to windows as one audio output device, or two? If it's only one, then there's not much we can do about it. Also, if the device stops and starts when you change from speakers to headphones, or when you plug something in, Vixen can't detect that.

I don't fight the PC. I just use an audio splitter cable and run one to my speakers and the other to the FM transmitter. Life's too short to get bogged down in PC minutiae,,,

Audio will only play from my pc speakers not to the headphone output that I need to use the fm transmitter.
headphone jack works from youtube and amazon music etc just not Vixen
The only thing I can find in vixen is in the sequence screen there is a speaker icon that should have a pull down for audio devices I think. it does show the computers speakers when you click on it but I can not change it

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
Josh
/G\

get it working yet?

Back