Vixen Installation Drive & File Path Locations

MBrynildsen

Not sure if this request has come up yet, I didn't see it anywhere. However if it has can someone please send me a link to it.

Here we go, I would like to be able to install Vixen 2.0 on my D drive and maintain my sequences, audio and profiles files in various directories. Currently I don't see a way to configure Vixen to allow me to do that. It would be nice to be able to configure the file path locations at any time. I work with a program called AutoCAD and it allows me to configure the software to use any location for store my various files it uses. At any time I can reorganize those files and simply reconfigure my AutoCAD to those new locations. If Vixen had that kind of control it would make it so much better for keeping ALL of my various Vixen files nice and neatly organized.

Thanks in advance for all the help,
Mike

You can install Vixen anywhere you want. Just unzip it to the drive/directory that you want. As for the locations for sequences, profiles, audio, etc., Vixen has them organized into subdirectories of the directory that you installed the program. I don't think that there is currently a way to change these file locations. They are always in their appropriate subdirectries of the installation directory.

Maybe someday the ability to change the file locations will be added, but IMO this is a low priority change. You have to remember that Vixen is the product of one man, in his spare time for no compensation other than the gratitude of its users. AutoCAD has been developed over many years by a team of professional developers.

Last edited:
Not complaining or say anything bad about Vixen. I think it's a great program and I write programs too and I can fully understand the depth and impact of adding new features. I only used AutoCAD as an example in an attempt to explain the requested feature. I'm also fully aware of the fact that Vixen has locations for the sequences, profiles and audio files. The default location is the only place the files stored in order to setup a program of sequences. I would like to have sub-folders with my files in. No big deal, just wanted to add my request. If nobody likes the idea I can live with it this way. Please understand that I'm very grateful to the author of this program for the generous gift given to me and appreciate the hard work put into the Vixen software.

Back