VLP SWR Board

I believe that was a home etch only board of course that doesn't mean there isn't an extra lying around somewhere.

Library under copper for more info.

yes, I have been there. the originator doesn't have an extra board.
I was hoping someone else may have one that I could buy. And if I can't locate one then I guess I'll go with putting one together on perf board.

I have communicated with IdunBenhad a couple of months ago about a PCB of the VLP SWR Meter. He doesn't have one, so I am searching for one because I don't want to have to invest in the things it takes to make one little PCB. If the search fails, I'll just solder the components on a perf board.

Last edited:
Hi:
I haven't been on for awhile, so missed this post.

It appears the VLP SWR Meter post has been removed from the forum "Radio Waves". I do not know why or how this happened, but I cannot find it.

I am attaching the original instructions in PDF format. Included is the schematic and assembly instructions.

First, this is a home-etch project. Boards have not been made, although I offered it to some "stores", but so far, no response. Probably because it is not the most popular project in DIYC!

The board was not done in Eagle, only ExpressPCB. If someone can convert it to Eagle, have at it and send me a copy, please.

The SWR Bridge is very forgiving in construction and can be done on perf board. I actually built one up for preliminary testing by just using the component leads and soldering them together with everything sticking up in the air and it worked perfectly.

The calibrator circuitry (J3-J4-J5, R6-R7-R8) can be left out. They are not necessary to the operation of the bridge. They are there only to provide a reference for those who want "exact" references.

Contact me through this thread or PM if you have any further questions.

I can send the PC Board layout in ExpressPCB format if anyone needs it.

Attachments

• VLP SWR Meter.pdf
    866.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SWR Meter 3a PCB.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
  • SWR Meter 3a Schematic.pdf
    26.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi:
I am attaching some more PDF drawings for the VLP SWR Meter that may be helpful.

Attachments

• SWR Meter 3a Components.pdf
    168.5 KB · Views: 7
  • SWR 3a Front Panel-1.pcb
    846 bytes · Views: 4
  • SWR PCB 3a-1.pcb
    13.7 KB · Views: 5
  • SWR Meter 3a Front Panel Dimensions.pdf
    172.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Thanks for the re-upload Idun, can you also add “SWR3a Meter Front Panel Dimensions”?

Honestly since the jumper setup isn't strictly needed, I would say this lends itself to discrete wiring better than using a PCB - it would keep costs down a tad as well.

The VLP SWR files that I copied from, were in the Library under "Copper"

SWR ratio may not mean much to most, but for me I like to know that the transmiiter is loaded properly all the time and that the SWR ratio is good.

Last edited:
Back