walmart music download DRM etc

well I got the Walmart music files to work after finding out I need to play 10 seconds first to get the lic. to play.
Well now its in a folder and on a disk but won't go into Vixen.
I get an error message about unsupported music file.
the files are Windows media files
What am I missing. I am pretty sure I got this file type working before?
HELP! Christmas is 19 weeks away!!

The LIC file is not an audio file. It is only the license to play the song. You should have the file with a WMA extension. The only way to remove the protection is to burn it to a CD (which has no protection), then rip the file to MP3 or WAV.

ErnieHorning said:
The only way to remove the protection is to burn it to a CD (which has no protection), then rip the file to MP3 or WAV.

There are also virtual CD drivers that you can use to simulate the CD burner such as NoteBurner which is free for up to 3 minute songs or buy the full version I think I paid about $25 bucks a few years ago when I got mine.

+Brian

briant said:
There are also virtual CD drivers that you can use to simulate the CD burner...
I didn’t think of that one. I have Nero and it installs a virtual CD driver. I never had a use for it before; now I do. :)

You can also play the song while recording what's coming out your sound card using a sound recording program, such as Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net).

If you want, I'll write up step by step directions.
-Matt

converted file format

the downloads are WMA files. Using a free downloaded prg called SWITCH I converted from WMA to WAV files.
After a year I am having to relearn Vixen.
Tried using the 2.0 beta - got error message so I went back to the 1.1-?? version.
going to have some friends do some light sequencing programming. Just hope SAVING on disk the MS Framework 2.0 will work.
I recall trying this but then again I was configuring a frankinstein computer-several old motherboards etc. Ended up pulling out my old socket 478 board-1 gzh cpu and using it for my Xmas light computer.
One of my Boy Scouts (very smart 15yr old) does not have internet.
I can just see his parrents expression when he starts running Twisted Sister. LOL

I use a free website that will convert nearly anything to nearly anything called Media Convert (http://media-convert.com/convert/index.php). You can even use it to snarf things from other websites.

With Vixen 2.0, you need to copy all of your old 1.1 sequences to the 2.0 sequence directory first, before you run Vixen the first time. Your old sequences will be converted to the new format.

I sequenced Twisted Sister last year and that song is still running through my head. :shock:

Back