Wanted: Vixen 2.0 software

vk3heg

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the vixen install files for 2.0. Having issues with outputs to the lights with 2.0.9+ and wanting to try the 2 version that I used to use. But can't find the install files.

Thanks
Stephen

That was the first thing I tried. Have even done a fresh install of windows, vix and only copied the sequence files over. After a while vixen will just stop outputting to the lights, but is still playing the sequence. Sometimes vixen will even crash.
Playing each sequence one after the other, having loaded them into vixen works and just switching sequence windows. But not if I use a program and schedule a event time.

Last edited:
this seems like some odd behavior, i'd be surprised if it's related to the version of Vixen, as 2.1.1.0 is pretty solid. Are you running same sequence files that you would've run in the past with vix 2.0 - ie, have you created newer sequences, maybe larger (for example adding lots of channels for pixels)? Are you possibly running into memory issues (I've seen program scheduler crash/stop when I tried to incorporate some very large sequences that ran OK by themselves). If you're having issues with output to the lights, perhaps check the output plugins (you don't mention what you're using - renard, dmx, e1.31, etc), check the physical connections, is it possible something is happening at the controller side. Sorry I can't help with 2.0 - good luck.

this seems like some odd behavior, i'd be surprised if it's related to the version of Vixen, as 2.1.1.0 is pretty solid. Are you running same sequence files that you would've run in the past with vix 2.0 - ie, have you created newer sequences, maybe larger (for example adding lots of channels for pixels)? Are you possibly running into memory issues (I've seen program scheduler crash/stop when I tried to incorporate some very large sequences that ran OK by themselves). If you're having issues with output to the lights, perhaps check the output plugins (you don't mention what you're using - renard, dmx, e1.31, etc), check the physical connections, is it possible something is happening at the controller side. Sorry I can't help with 2.0 - good luck.

The output being used is the Olsen595 via lpt port, and I can play a single sequence for ever with no issues what so ever. It's when put into a program to schedule the start time that after a while of playing (five-ten minutes) the output to the 595 just stops, and I have to kill vixen to restart. The sequences are from 2007, and haven't changed since then. Although there are a lot of them in the sequence directory. I first noticed the issue when the machine had 512mb of ram (used to run great for the 2007-2009 years), then upped to 1gb, then 2 and now 3. The machine is a all-in-one with XP installed. (I had a long break due to life issues, and only came back to doing lights last year. Hence why all the old gear. I am moving to pixels, but it's going to take a while, and the current gear works except for this issue with vixen.

I have a copy of all of them, just let me know which one you want.

That would be great. I have 2.0.9.0, and that has the issue plus the recent versions. So would like to try 2.0 or any of the 2.x versions before 2.0.9.0.

Thanks,
Stephen

That would be great. I have 2.0.9.0, and that has the issue plus the recent versions. So would like to try 2.0 or any of the 2.x versions before 2.0.9.0.

Thanks,
Stephen

I can only find these three versions.....

Vixen 2.0 beta 2 > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tYMSft1gKKhfr9sK-V8IFwkm5r9C9TER/view?usp=sharing
Vixen 2.0 beta 3 > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c2cu4iqvxoeBwAbwrIlTWzikvFDAU1bQ/view?usp=sharing
Vixen 2.0 beta 4 > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zPExgt5NIJpN-tQqxeUWbrHaZmJ4jLbH/view?usp=sharing

Thanks to Wayne J, my display hasn't needed me to babysit it for the past three nights with 2.0 Beta 4, and has performed like a champ.

Stephen

hi there i tried downloading the vixen 2 beta 4 files from your message above but it didnt want to rn properly and just crashed isthe zipped file still usable or is there a way of installing it for use on the pc thanks for any help unless someone could reupload a wiorking setup file for vixen 2 beta 4 please

hi there i tried downloading the vixen 2 beta 4 files from your message above but it didnt want to rn properly and just crashed isthe zipped file still usable or is there a way of installing it for use on the pc thanks for any help unless someone could reupload a wiorking setup file for vixen 2 beta 4 please

Do you have DotNet 2.0 installed?

Even though you have .net 4 installed, I want to say 2 has to be installed, I just can't remember if that is what I did, I remember I had an issue when I went with Windows 10 and I think that was what it took to make it work.

I have Vixen 2.1 if you'd like. I'd have to clean it up a bit and zip it up. Also, yes, natively Vixen 2.x requires .net 3.5 installed.

Back